CRM

thekwhour
Participant

contact vs company

SOLVE

My construction company works with vendors to purchase materials for projects I sell. So i would create a new company for thoise entities of course and create contacts I work with in that company.  Where I am confused is where do I put my customers?  I want to take them from proposals to signed contract where they are now a client that I am doing a constuction project for, and will be able to assign tasks to that project through completion. are they a contact or company????

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
warrendavey
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

contact vs company

SOLVE

Thanks, @TiphaineCuisset !

@thekwhour  - I answered your question for our daily HubSpot Help videos.

You can find it here: https://youtu.be/TRcG30OIXYA

In addition: It is important to know that Contacts are related to Companies. Usually this is done automatically with the Domain URL and the Email Domain. What you probably need as was mentioned is a custom property for types. Check out the video and let me know what additional questions you have.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

contact vs company

SOLVE

Hi @thekwhour 

Thank you for posting in the Community!

The first thing I could think of that could help would be to create a custom contact property with which you could categorize your contacts - as a customer or as vendor. 

Then, you could display this property in the About card on the left panel of the contact record, and you could also create views to filter easily between the two types of contacts. 

I also wanted to tag in a few subject matter experts. @warrendavey , @BenSBM , @HubSpotMaster  do you have any suggestions for @thekwhour  around how to best differentiate different types of contacts in HubSpot?

Thank you!

Have a lovely day

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

warrendavey
Solution

contact vs company

SOLVE

Thanks, @TiphaineCuisset !

@thekwhour  - I answered your question for our daily HubSpot Help videos.

You can find it here: https://youtu.be/TRcG30OIXYA

In addition: It is important to know that Contacts are related to Companies. Usually this is done automatically with the Domain URL and the Email Domain. What you probably need as was mentioned is a custom property for types. Check out the video and let me know what additional questions you have.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

thekwhour
Participant

contact vs company

SOLVE

thats how to answer questions!  thank you.

warrendavey

contact vs company

SOLVE

No problem. Glad it helped.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

0 Upvotes
danbrazelton
Participant

contact vs company

SOLVE

0 Upvotes