CRM

Jenny26
Top Contributor

bulk create tasks with a due date based on a custom date property?

SOLVE

We have 1000 software clients each with their own expiration date. The expiration date is recorded in an "expiration date" property. I want to create all at once,  a task for our Client Relations Manager to contact the client 6 months before they expire. 

How do I bulk create 1000 tasks with a due date set to 6 months before the "expiration date"?

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jenny26,

I see two options here. Option 1 would be a workflow as the one below:

karstenkoehler_0-1676309246243.png

The upside is that this could be a recurring setup. The downside is that it's not possible to create the tasks immediately and set them to be due at a specific date. You'll have to work with a delay as shown in the screenshot.

Option 2 would be exporting the contact list, removing all columns but the Contact ID / Record ID column and the Expiration date and then adding the task information to that export file. (The minimum task information is a column for Task Title and Due date. You could calculate the due as the Expiration date minus 180 days directly in Excel / Google Sheets.)

You can then re-import the file as multiple objects:

karstenkoehler_1-1676309395894.png

During the import, make sure to map contact record ID column in the Import as column:

karstenkoehler_2-1676309485060.png

The benefit of this solution is that tasks are created immediately, creation is not delayed like in the workflow.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jenny26,

I'm not 100% sure but I think the recurring option is only available through the task creation under Menu > Sales > Tasks.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jenny26,

I see two options here. Option 1 would be a workflow as the one below:

karstenkoehler_0-1676309246243.png

The upside is that this could be a recurring setup. The downside is that it's not possible to create the tasks immediately and set them to be due at a specific date. You'll have to work with a delay as shown in the screenshot.

Option 2 would be exporting the contact list, removing all columns but the Contact ID / Record ID column and the Expiration date and then adding the task information to that export file. (The minimum task information is a column for Task Title and Due date. You could calculate the due as the Expiration date minus 180 days directly in Excel / Google Sheets.)

You can then re-import the file as multiple objects:

karstenkoehler_1-1676309395894.png

During the import, make sure to map contact record ID column in the Import as column:

karstenkoehler_2-1676309485060.png

The benefit of this solution is that tasks are created immediately, creation is not delayed like in the workflow.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
Jenny26
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank  you so much! One of these options will work for us for sure!

@karstenkoehler , if I do option 2, can I import the task as a re-occuring every 12 months?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jenny26,

I'm not 100% sure but I think the recurring option is only available through the task creation under Menu > Sales > Tasks.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
Jenny26
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you!

0 Upvotes