advice on adapting to recent task UX changes?SOLVE
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Longtime user. First time poster.
The UX recently changed around tasks. It's made my workflow difficult. I'm looking to see if there's a setting we can change to change how tasks are loaded/displayed.
Previously, viewing the tasks at /contacts/123456/tasks/list/view/all/?ownerId=1234567 would give a list. Clicking on the title of the task would load the deal where the task was set, allowing for review and the doing of the needful, as they say. Now they point to the company, meaning I have to open (3) new tabs to work the account.
A specific example:
- Let's say I have (2) deals to work for Customer A.
- I have a task to mark one deal renewed, and the other closed won.
- I'd have my tasks list open, then CMD+click both task names.
- This would open (2) new tabs—one for each deal.
- I'd mark the first renewed, document my notes, and close the tab.
- I'd then mark the second closed won, and do likewise.
- I have the task list open, but clicking tasks takes me to the company.
- From there, I need to scroll down and open each deal in new tabs.
- (Or do a bunch of back and forth within a single tab.)
I know it's "just one additional click", but it's inefficient and annoying, if not cumbersome when you start dealing with a dozen or more tasks per day.
Any advice? Thanks.
Solved! Go to Solution.