CRM

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

advanced filter/sort

SOLVE

@MFrankJohnson 

Hi Frank,

I am hoping you can help me as it looks like I am not asking the right question as there does not seem to be a reply.

I have doctors and practices. There may be a doctor at more than one practice which has been account for by adding the doctor multiple times and using an account number after the last name (so the system thinks they are unique individuals).

The doctors are secondary to the practice as the product is for the whole practice, not each individual doctor.  When filtering contact I often need more information about the company, like how many contacts there are, etc.

Is there any easy way to accomplish my task?  

**In the future, I may have rights greater than the Admin rights I have now.

Thank you for your time.

Chris

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

advanced filter/sort

SOLVE

Gotcha. Hey, even a 'Paint-picture' is worth a thousand words! 🙂

Adding Company properties into the CONTACT view isn't an option.

So you're looking at creating a custom Contact property for each set of Company data you'd like to see in the Contact view screen. Also, you'll want a corresponding workflow to copy that data from the Company record anytime it changes on an ongoing basis. That way, the data you see in the Contact record is ... as close to up-to-date as we can make it using HubSpot workflow functionality.

This type of 'copy Company data' solution isn't very scalable and can get messy quickly. As such, it's not recommended for more than a few Company properties. In other words, if we need to see volumes of detail about a Company we should just use the new 'Preview' button from within the contact record in the new HubSpot Contact UI. (best practice)
- see image

HubSpot Contact UI (2019)HubSpot Contact UI (2019)

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

advanced filter/sort

SOLVE

>>Export / Re-Import?
Not without meticulous planning and execution.

The point here is that certain Company data is AUTO-UPDATED by HubSpot -- e.g., number of associated contacts. That data, if copied to a custom Contact property, will not receive updates from HubSpot and thereby quickly become outdated.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

advanced filter/sort

SOLVE

Not sure if I understand. You're looking for additional company information from WITHIN each contact record, OR from the main Contact View screen?

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

advanced filter/sort

SOLVE

@MFrankJohnson  Hi Frank, 

Thanks for responding. Sorry for the confusion. Please excuse the terrible paint writing.

In the contact sort I want to add company fields like - number of contacts, etc.

for frank.png

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

advanced filter/sort

SOLVE

Gotcha. Hey, even a 'Paint-picture' is worth a thousand words! 🙂

Adding Company properties into the CONTACT view isn't an option.

So you're looking at creating a custom Contact property for each set of Company data you'd like to see in the Contact view screen. Also, you'll want a corresponding workflow to copy that data from the Company record anytime it changes on an ongoing basis. That way, the data you see in the Contact record is ... as close to up-to-date as we can make it using HubSpot workflow functionality.

This type of 'copy Company data' solution isn't very scalable and can get messy quickly. As such, it's not recommended for more than a few Company properties. In other words, if we need to see volumes of detail about a Company we should just use the new 'Preview' button from within the contact record in the new HubSpot Contact UI. (best practice)
- see image

HubSpot Contact UI (2019)HubSpot Contact UI (2019)

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

advanced filter/sort

SOLVE

@MFrankJohnson  LOL. So the words in the paint help guided.....tough to write in paint

Free version for the moment, no workflows.  Waiting to get SuperAdmin status........

Always going back to start with over 6000 contacts.  Ok need to rethink this.

THOUGHT - 

assume - not all contacts have email addresses

assume - not all email addresses match the web domain

assume - all properties are already created

what if I exported contacts, filled in the data I want and import back in.

Will there be duplication?

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

advanced filter/sort

SOLVE

>>Export / Re-Import?
Not without meticulous planning and execution.

The point here is that certain Company data is AUTO-UPDATED by HubSpot -- e.g., number of associated contacts. That data, if copied to a custom Contact property, will not receive updates from HubSpot and thereby quickly become outdated.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

advanced filter/sort

SOLVE

@MFrankJohnson Thanks.  Not the solution that I hoped for BUT honest and truthful always shine through.

Thank you.