adding excel data into a note

Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Our deals are sample kits. We use a distributor for the fulfilment of orders. I have been copying the line item from the weekly sales reports into the notes section for each order. This is cumbersome as the data from each field is on top of the adjacent fields. 

Anyone else have a similar situation? What do you do?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Community Manager

Hi @gelflex-cc,

How is the information getting populated within excel? Is there a way you could transfer the information from where it is coming from originally into HubSpot? 

Can you share more about the overall process? 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

@jennysowyrda Our distributor provides a sales report and sends it to us in excel. I am not sure what the original program is.  When I copy and past it is a mess. I don't want to attach the spreadsheet because it applies to all who purchase and then would not be readily available when calling to follow up.

Process:

sales are made at the distributor

monthly sales report emailed to us

info on individual sales placed into crm manually

I thought about adding custom fields but it is too complicated. I need to see the product, color, size easily so logical question can be asked - how do you like XXX.

Thanks.

I'll pm you an example. 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Thank you for the context, @gelflex-cc!

One solution could be to utilize the Google Sheets - HubSpot integration available through Zapier. If you are able to get the excel content into Google Sheets, this could offer a solution. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

@jennysowyrda I will have to check with our home office about adding Zapier as I am not a SuperAdmin.  Checking with Zapier.

Is there any other way?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @gelflex-cc,

The Zapier integration is the most automated way I can think of. @Phil_DM2@HubSpotMaster@Aadyasha do you have any suggestions for @gelflex-cc?

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hello, 

Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with this process. From the steps mentioned, it does sound like the process is a bit cumbersome and that inserting an Excel file directly into the Notes doesn't help.

Not sure if this would help, but maybe the root of the problem lies in the complexity of the Excel sheet, and the data in it (or organization of the data) needs to be simplified first. For example, I use Numbers (via Mac) for my analytics reporting, but then I need to export to Excel to send to clients since they don't have a Mac/Numbers. After exporting, I try to check and make sure the data is organized correctly, as the export can cause spacing issues and disorganize some of the data. 

Sorry, I don't have a proper solution, but it could help to take a look further into the way the Excel sheet is set up perhaps? Even if you aren't attaching the file directly to Notes, it could make it easier to pull data if the Excel sheet is easier to follow.