CRM

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

add letter prior to number field

SOLVE

Using Free CRM - Admin not super

I have a custom property for both contacts and companies- "office id". Over 6000 contacts and over 3000 companies. The property is set up as numeric. This needs to be changed to include a letter prior to the existing information in 3 places - office id; after company name and after last name.  Is there a best way to accomplish this?

Thank you for brainstorming with me. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DanielSanchez
Solution
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

@gelflex-cc ,

Then i believe is more easy. Create and export one list only with contacts that be get this letter, and in Excell you can define this value easy to all of this list. 

Could I explain?

Look all steps:

1) Create one property for this letter;

2) Create one list with filters to show only the contacts need add this letter in Office ID;

3) Export this list created with email column, prior letter property column and "office id" column;

4) Open this sheet in Excell, set the letter for all cells of Prior Letter column, and Merge the informations in columns (prior letter + office id), to one column value. Look how make this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CqvE0EtbvM

5) Change your property field type in Office ID, to one field that accept letter. 

6) Import the list again and replace only informations of Office ID to new values, with the prior letter.

Important: save one full list with all contacts in your computer to backup.

Let me know when you do.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
DanielSanchez

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc 

I will send one idea based on i understood that can help you.

1) Create one property for this prio letter;

2) Use worflows to auto define an value for this property in all contacts;

3) Export your contacts with email column, prior letter property column and "office id" column;

4) Open this sheet in Excell and Merge the informations in columns (prior letter + office id), to one column value. Look how make this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CqvE0EtbvM

5) Change your property field type in Office ID, to one field that accept letter. 

6) Import the list again and replace only informations of Office ID to new values, with the prior letter.

I believe it can work. I hope it helps.

Best regards!

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@DanielSanchez Thank you.  No workflows in the free version.  Is there another way?

DanielSanchez

SOLVE

If dont have workflows in free version, i believe need search better way to define the value in Excell. 

Some examples:

1) I dont know how many different letters u need, but u can  export one list based in filters for each prior letter, then in Excell auto define same letter for each archive. After you merge all sheets.

2) Other way, can use Filters in Excell based in others properties of this contact, and after filters, define one letter for all results in filter. Can i explain?

Hope this helps. 🙂

Best regards.

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@DanielSanchez Hi Sorry, it is only one letter a "V" and does not go on all contacts or companies.

Thank you.

DanielSanchez
Solution

SOLVE

@gelflex-cc ,

Then i believe is more easy. Create and export one list only with contacts that be get this letter, and in Excell you can define this value easy to all of this list. 

Could I explain?

Look all steps:

1) Create one property for this letter;

2) Create one list with filters to show only the contacts need add this letter in Office ID;

3) Export this list created with email column, prior letter property column and "office id" column;

4) Open this sheet in Excell, set the letter for all cells of Prior Letter column, and Merge the informations in columns (prior letter + office id), to one column value. Look how make this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CqvE0EtbvM

Important: save one full list with all contacts in your computer to backup.

Let me know when you do.

Best regards!

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

thank you so  much @DanielSanchez