CRM

IMinster

You've used 4 out of 10 custom properties

SOLVE

Hi

I created two custom properties - as Checkboxes (Select Multiple Options)

I have edited both of these properties to add additional items in the list.

I now get a banner saying "You've used 4 out of 10 custom properties". Does each edit count as new  property? If I had known this I would have made them free text.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IMinster
Solution

SOLVE

Having accepted Karsten Köhler's answer, today I edited the Hub Spot proptery Persona to add elements to it - and it said you have used 3 out of 10 custom properties. So it would appear

a) that the number has reset to reflect the actual number

b) that the limit doesn't just apply to properties that I have created myself.

Subsequently, editting the custom properties and refreshing the browser it stays at 3 out of ten - so it would appear at the moment that it is a browser refresh issue which causes the number to increase when editting an existing property.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
IMinster

SOLVE

Well that's profoundly dissapointing. Seems quite a tight limit given the generosity of some of the other limits.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @IMinster,

I just tested this in a portal of mine and it seems like this is – unfortunately – expected behavior. Each edit of an existing custom property is counted as use of 1 out of those 10. HubSpot really wants to drive you to a paid subscription here.

As far as solutions go, you'd have to limit your edits to a minimum to not use up your free custom properties.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

IMinster
Solution

SOLVE

Having accepted Karsten Köhler's answer, today I edited the Hub Spot proptery Persona to add elements to it - and it said you have used 3 out of 10 custom properties. So it would appear

a) that the number has reset to reflect the actual number

b) that the limit doesn't just apply to properties that I have created myself.

Subsequently, editting the custom properties and refreshing the browser it stays at 3 out of ten - so it would appear at the moment that it is a browser refresh issue which causes the number to increase when editting an existing property.

0 Upvotes
IMinster

SOLVE
No. Its a brand new instance of Hub Spot. Only me on it, and only the two properties created. The pop up came up as I saved the second property after editing it
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @IMinster,

Theoretically these should count as 2. Did you or someone from your portal create and delete other properties before? Other users have reported that delete properties don't reflect in the total and are still counted.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.