CRM

PatrickVv

Wrong Company details

SOLVE

Dear Hubspot Community,

We're considering Hubspot as our CRM solution. At the moment we are just looking around in CRM free to get familiar with the features. I've entered our company as a test, and the associated address is an old address from over a year ago. If checked, our old address occurs on some external websites, for example pages with old events. But no big/important website seems to have our address wrong. 

I have a few questions about this

I was wondering were Hubspot gets its information it associates with companies?

Can i see were Hubspot got this specific information from?  

Are the associated details often wrong?

Thanks and Kind Regards

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Wrong Company details

SOLVE

@PatrickVv,

I don't have an exact understanding of how data is populated, so this is part assumption/guessing. From what I understand it is using information that is populated in other places on the web. It might pull info from LinkedIn or possibly other places like Hoovers, D&B (don't quote me on those exact sources, but just as examples) or even the company website via the URL. Additionally from what I understand, as other people update the information on companies within the HubSpot database, it might use that information as well.

As far as the information being accurate. It does a decent job. We use it as more of an indicator of the information and don't take it as being 100% accurate. In most cases it's close enough that it gives us a good understanding of the business and if they turn out to be a qualified lead, we will further research the info and correct anything that doesn't appear correctly.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
shulcher

Wrong Company details

SOLVE

My contribution to this topic is that we had to turn off that feature.  Alot of website domain names came in with the webdesigner and would actually delete the correct name of our company.  So we simply removed this from happening and do not use this tool.  There was way to much cleanup to consider it useful

0 Upvotes
katja
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Wrong Company details

SOLVE

Hey Patrick,

Sorry about that! Josh's reply is spot-on: we scrape a number of public online sources to gather data for Insights (the information automatically populated on company records). LinkedIn, the company's own website, and other public databases are all excellent examples.

What's the domain name of the company where you are seeing outdated info? What's the address currently displayed, and what should it be updated to?

You can shoot me that info in a private message here and I can get that updated. Thanks for keeping us honest!

Cheers,
Katja

0 Upvotes
talktotrey
Contributor

Wrong Company details

SOLVE

Katja, 

I have been trying to introduce HubSpot CRM and Sales Pro to my company vs SalesForce and SugarCRM. 

Considering the Auto-Populate feature:  Can you tell us (the community) if HubSpot will continue to over-write information? 

As far as accuracy for the initial "Auto-Population" performed by HubSpot.  My company sources the Address Information directly from the end customer.  The customer should be the final mandate for their office address.  I can tell you, personally, that I spend an enormous amount of time fixing HubSpot's "Auto-Populated" incorrect/outdated information (8 out of 10 imports). 

n.-  many of our customers are part of a multi-location corporation.  HubSpot Auto-Populates the Head Quarters information.  

The challenge for us is that I work in a "Geographically Precise" business (=ISP).  I have to have the correct address, based on 911 records managed by our City (Austin, TX) and count (Travis County), or someone could really suffer.

Consider one of our customers having a Heart Attack.  They use our phone to call 911.  What happens when the ambulance goes to the wrong address. 

My company can be held legally liable and will never convert to a CRM that populates information incorrectly.  

I understand that HubSpot believes it is doing its users a service.  It is not. 

QUESTION: Is there anyway to pay HubSpot to stop populating the information?  

Thank You, 

Trey 

michaeljjeffrey
Participant

Wrong Company details

SOLVE

I have exactly the same issue. Did anyone ever resolve this issue? Have you had this answered alread?? What was the response?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wrong Company details

SOLVE

Hi @michaeljjeffrey 

Thank you for reaching out

You can disable HubSpot insights by following these steps

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

steveyoungburns
Participant

Wrong Company details

SOLVE

Dear @hubspot support team. Have you made any progress in making auto populate details mentioned in this thread more accurate?

0 Upvotes
talktotrey
Contributor

Wrong Company details

SOLVE
Hubspot needs an "off button" for auto-population of company details. I am putting in correct details from the company themselves and hubspot is over-writing the correct data with their old data. How can i request this feature to be turned off?
nanaimo

Wrong Company details

SOLVE

I've just tried three different professionals at major Canadian companies/Canadian branches of multinational companies, and for all three Hubspot sales generated incorrect information for American companies that happen to have the same name. Disappointing!

Josh
Solution

Wrong Company details

SOLVE

@PatrickVv,

I don't have an exact understanding of how data is populated, so this is part assumption/guessing. From what I understand it is using information that is populated in other places on the web. It might pull info from LinkedIn or possibly other places like Hoovers, D&B (don't quote me on those exact sources, but just as examples) or even the company website via the URL. Additionally from what I understand, as other people update the information on companies within the HubSpot database, it might use that information as well.

As far as the information being accurate. It does a decent job. We use it as more of an indicator of the information and don't take it as being 100% accurate. In most cases it's close enough that it gives us a good understanding of the business and if they turn out to be a qualified lead, we will further research the info and correct anything that doesn't appear correctly.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes