CRM

AKhakimova
Participant

Workflows - property set up

SOLVE

Hello!

Could you please help me make sense of my current workflow set-up that is not working, what I'm missing..

I want my workflow to check a property that is a multiple choice property, and send emails based on different values given.

Problems:

- it only sends out an email based on one value, ignoring others if given in the property

- not sure if I'm using the re-enrollment option correctly, but even with it being on, in case values within this property are changed, no new emails are sent out.

What should I make sure I create in order for changes to be accounted for by the workflow? 

Thank you very much in advance!  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AKhakimova,

Can you please share a screenshot of your workflow?

Generally, branches will always send a record down the first branch where they meet the criteria. Subsequent branches will be ignored. If you want all criteria to be checked, you would have to design it as follows:

• First branch: Check if multiple checkboxes property has value A
    • If yes, send notification, then set up next branch for B
    • If no, use "Go to action" workflow action to jump to the same branch B from the previous bullet point
  • Second: Check if multiple checkboxes property has value B
    • If yes, send notification, then set up next branch for C
    • If no, use "Go to action" workflow action to jump to the same branch C from the previous bullet point
  • etc

In other words, for all values of a checkbox property to be checked, you have to nest branches.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AKhakimova,

Can you please share a screenshot of your workflow?

Generally, branches will always send a record down the first branch where they meet the criteria. Subsequent branches will be ignored. If you want all criteria to be checked, you would have to design it as follows:

• First branch: Check if multiple checkboxes property has value A
    • If yes, send notification, then set up next branch for B
    • If no, use "Go to action" workflow action to jump to the same branch B from the previous bullet point
  • Second: Check if multiple checkboxes property has value B
    • If yes, send notification, then set up next branch for C
    • If no, use "Go to action" workflow action to jump to the same branch C from the previous bullet point
  • etc

In other words, for all values of a checkbox property to be checked, you have to nest branches.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AKhakimova
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten thanks very much for your reply!

My problem is the new HubSpot update that has branches in a new way where I'm not sure where "if then" solution is 

See below:

AKhakimova_0-1716371337721.png

From my undestanding the first solution doesn't apply as the property i have is multiple checkbox property, but let me know please which of these three is the one you are mentioning.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@AKhakimova it's the middle one, AND/OR logic 🙂

The first one will not work for multiple checkboxes properties when more than one option is selected.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes