CRM

JWills8

Workflow using meeting engagement

SOLVE

Hello Everyone,

Curious if anyone knows a good critiera to use for re-enrollment since meeting outcome can't be used. Need to move the deal stage based on the outcome, but running into an issue since reschecdule doesn't cause the deal stage to move. 

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 12.14.10 PM.png

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JWills8,

My favorite workaround here is via lists: You can create an active contact-based lists that filters for Activity properties and specify that contacts should enter the list when they have at least one associated activity with an activity date less than 1 day ago with a specific meeting outcome. Contacts would leave the list after 1 day at the latest, re-entering when they meet the criteria again.

Since contacts leave and re-enter the list, you can use the list as re-enrollment trigger for your workflow.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JWills8,

My apologies, I had missed the fact that this was a deal-based workflow. Yes, re-creating it as a contact-based workflow is an option but means that all deals associated to the contact will be updated, not just the one you intended to enroll originally.

If you want to stick to the deal-based workflow, the setup gets a bit more complicated. You would create a contact-based workflow based on the list and set a property of all deal-based workflows which is used for re-enrollment on the deal workflow (e.g. a single checkbox Deal re-enrollment). A separate deal-based workflow would have to clear this property shortly after it is set to make sure it can be set again. Your original workflow can use the shortly checked box to re-enroll the deals.

Let me know if you have questions about this!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JWills8,

My favorite workaround here is via lists: You can create an active contact-based lists that filters for Activity properties and specify that contacts should enter the list when they have at least one associated activity with an activity date less than 1 day ago with a specific meeting outcome. Contacts would leave the list after 1 day at the latest, re-entering when they meet the criteria again.

Since contacts leave and re-enter the list, you can use the list as re-enrollment trigger for your workflow.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

JWills8

SOLVE

Hey Karsten,

Thank you for the suggestion. This is working for the enrollment but having an issue with setting the deal property since the workflow had to change from deal trigger to contact trigger.  Any suggestions on fixing this error?
Getting this error:

JWills8_0-1667841527458.png

List I am using:

JWills8_1-1667841573254.png

Updated Workflow: 

JWills8_2-1667841606364.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JWills8,

My apologies, I had missed the fact that this was a deal-based workflow. Yes, re-creating it as a contact-based workflow is an option but means that all deals associated to the contact will be updated, not just the one you intended to enroll originally.

If you want to stick to the deal-based workflow, the setup gets a bit more complicated. You would create a contact-based workflow based on the list and set a property of all deal-based workflows which is used for re-enrollment on the deal workflow (e.g. a single checkbox Deal re-enrollment). A separate deal-based workflow would have to clear this property shortly after it is set to make sure it can be set again. Your original workflow can use the shortly checked box to re-enroll the deals.

Let me know if you have questions about this!

Karsten Köhler