CRM

SDay
Participante

Workflow to update a property in a deal ONLY if the deal has been updated after going into a stage

resolver

This is a little convoluted but we are using Zapier to create a document (through Formstack) pulling fields from Hubspot when a deal is moved into the Kickoff Call Scheduled stage. 

However, that document is then static, and fields are often updated in Hubspot after moved into Kickoff Call Scheduled that need to be reflected in the document. If the call is rescheduled, for example, our sales director will change the date in Hubspot, but since the call was already in Kickoff Call Scheduled, it won't relaunch the Zap to update the document.

I've tried creating a numeric field called "Update Kickoff Call Document" and a workflow that increases that field by 1 every time a few key properties are updated in a deal. That then triggers Zapier to run the Zap to create the docuement. 

However, I can't figure out how to set this workflow to run only if the deal was already in Kickoff Call Scheduled stage and one of the properties is simply being updated. It's running even when the deal is being newly moved into Kickoff Call Scheduled stage and the properties are being filled in originally. 

Here's a screenshot of my current workflow. I thought the if/then branch might help but it didn't. It's still enrolling newly-Kickoff Call Scheduled-staged deals. 

SDay_0-1633719601109.png

I do have another workflow that NEW deals run through, and it would be perfect if I could filter on "Deal has completed X workflow X days ago" but that doesn't seem to be a thing on a deal-based workflow. 

Any ideas?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Jonno_Price
Solución
Guía | Partner nivel Platinum

Workflow to update a property in a deal ONLY if the deal has been updated after going into a stage

resolver

Hiya @SDay ,

Initial thought is to have a unique deal stage in the pipeline for rescheduled calls...

E.g. have a workflow for the creation of the initial document when deal enters Kickoff Call Scheduled. Don't allow re-enrollment on this workflow. 

Then have another workflow which triggers off a new Deal Stage... E.g. a dedicated deal stage which is "Kick off call rescheduled".. Only the deals that are rescheduled trigger in the second workflow... 

Best

Jonno

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
Jonno_Price
Solución

resolver

Hiya @SDay ,

Initial thought is to have a unique deal stage in the pipeline for rescheduled calls...

E.g. have a workflow for the creation of the initial document when deal enters Kickoff Call Scheduled. Don't allow re-enrollment on this workflow. 

Then have another workflow which triggers off a new Deal Stage... E.g. a dedicated deal stage which is "Kick off call rescheduled".. Only the deals that are rescheduled trigger in the second workflow... 

Best

Jonno

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

PamCotton
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hello @SDay Happy Monday!  I want to add a few top experts to this conversation @Jonno_Price @ElyshaShave any recommendations to @SDay matter?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !