CRM

cwh8944
Contributor

Workflow to create record for custom object

SOLVE

I am looking to create a property based on Deal properties, however, I am unable to assign the same property values from the deal to the properties of the "Machine record."

Instead of selecting the value for "Make" & "Model", i would like for these properties match what the properites are in the Deal.

cwh8944_0-1678124053387.png

2 Accepted solutions
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @cwh8944, thanks for reaching out!

Are you able to share the settings that you have for your "Machine" custom object? I ran a quick test on my end, and I was able to pull in a deal token for the primary display property ("Make" in your case) when I used a single-line text property.

However, I no longer see the "Deal token" option when I'm using a number property for that primary display property. This is a newer HubSpot feature, so I'm wondering if there are some limitations here.

Happy to provide some additional thoughts if you're able to share the setup of your custom object though!

Otherwise, hope this at least helps you get you started!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

cwh8944
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey Jacob, thanks for following up. It looks like HubSpot now only allows a single line text and numberation as the primary property for custom objects.

This is an older custom object that used a drowdown select, so maybe that is where the disconnect is.

In any case, I was able to make this work by creating the record with a default value from the dropdown options, then copying property values from the deal to create the record I am looking for with the appropriate properties from the deal.

Hope this helps anyone else running into this issue.

cwh8944_0-1678208288646.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @cwh8944, thanks for reaching out!

Are you able to share the settings that you have for your "Machine" custom object? I ran a quick test on my end, and I was able to pull in a deal token for the primary display property ("Make" in your case) when I used a single-line text property.

However, I no longer see the "Deal token" option when I'm using a number property for that primary display property. This is a newer HubSpot feature, so I'm wondering if there are some limitations here.

Happy to provide some additional thoughts if you're able to share the setup of your custom object though!

Otherwise, hope this at least helps you get you started!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
cwh8944
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey Jacob, thanks for following up. It looks like HubSpot now only allows a single line text and numberation as the primary property for custom objects.

This is an older custom object that used a drowdown select, so maybe that is where the disconnect is.

In any case, I was able to make this work by creating the record with a default value from the dropdown options, then copying property values from the deal to create the record I am looking for with the appropriate properties from the deal.

Hope this helps anyone else running into this issue.

cwh8944_0-1678208288646.png