CRM

SColeman4

Workflow to copy most "recent sales email replied date" for active deals to a new Deal property

SOLVE

I am trying to copy the most "recent sales email replied date" (rsepd) for active sales deals from the contact record to a newly created Deal property (Last prospect email reply).  The objective is to create a list that shows by Deal, by Rep when was the last time a prospect/contact emailed the sales rep.

The problem is that the workflow picks up multiple respd and therefore I often times am not getting the most recent replied date.  I am able to produce the desired result in a report using the Max function on the respd but not via the workflow. Would appreciate any help.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Workflow to copy most "recent sales email replied date" for active deals to a new Deal property

SOLVE

Hi @SColeman4,

There might be a misunderstanding here.

The first workflow copies the value from contact to deal. It sets this value aside in the maybe-property. It may be the actual latest value, it might not be, depending on the other contacts that have also enrolled.

That's why there's a second workflow which always check whether the maybe-property is actually the latest one, via an if/then branch. Only if it is it will be copied into the true deal date property.

The second workflow with the if/then branch is a stay-set indicator.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SColeman4,

Is this a longer workflow? If it only has one action, copying the value, this shouldn't be an issue.

Could you share a screenshot of the workflow?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SColeman4

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for your response.  Here's the workflow. Because there are multiple rsepd, often times I am not getting the most recent email reply.

SColeman4_1-1656429557194.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SColeman4,

Ah, now I understand. For this to work, you'll need another custom deal property and another workflow.

Workflow 1 (contact-based) – Copies Recent sales email replied date (contact) into Maybe recent sales email replied date (deal)

Workflow 2 (deal-based) – Checks in an if/then-branch whether Maybe recent sales email replied (deal) is before or after Recent sales email replied date (deal), if it is before then nothing happens, if it is after then the former is copied into the latter.

That way, you're checking whether the recent date is really the most recent one. The maybe-property is only used within this workflow. Recent sales email replied date (deal) is the one you're looking for.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

SColeman4

SOLVE

Karsten,

The workflow graphic above has already created "Maybe recent sales email replied date (deal)", but it is called "Last email reply from prospect".  There is no native deal property, "Recent sales email replied date (deal)" and in fact is the same as what the contract workflow created as "Last email reply from prospect".  So I'm not sure what I'm comparing.  What am I missing?  Thanks

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SColeman4,

It doesn't matter what these properties are called, it could also read like this:

Workflow 1 (contact-based) – Copies Recent sales email replied date (contact) into Maybe recent sales email replied date (deal)

Workflow 2 (deal-based) – Checks in an if/then-branch whether Maybe recent sales email replied (deal) is before or after Last email reply from prospect, if it is before then nothing happens, if it is after then the former is copied into the latter.

What matters is that you compare the dates on the deal record and you need that new maybe-property as an in-between-step.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

SColeman4

SOLVE

Karsten - Your lastest scenario misses Workflow 0

Workflow 0: copies "recent sales email from contact" (Contact) to Last email from Prospect (Deal)

Your Workflow 1: Does exactly the same thing but gives it a different name, Maybe... (Deal), so the values would be identical

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SColeman4,

There might be a misunderstanding here.

The first workflow copies the value from contact to deal. It sets this value aside in the maybe-property. It may be the actual latest value, it might not be, depending on the other contacts that have also enrolled.

That's why there's a second workflow which always check whether the maybe-property is actually the latest one, via an if/then branch. Only if it is it will be copied into the true deal date property.

The second workflow with the if/then branch is a stay-set indicator.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

SColeman4

SOLVE

Karsten, I think I get it.  I need to stop the original workflow (Workflow 0) that created Last email from prospect (created by copying "recent sales email replied date" (contact)).  Then compare the "maybe sales email replied date" (Workflow 2) to the now static "Last email reply from prospect".  Workflow 1 is always on.

My mental block was that I assumed that I had to keep Workflow 0 on.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
SColeman4

SOLVE

Thanks again Karsten, much appreciated.  I'll let you know how I make out. Steve

0 Upvotes
SColeman4

SOLVE

Karten - Thank you - I will give it a try and let you know

0 Upvotes
KSwift
Participant

SOLVE

Did it work? I was thinking of doing this to get the most recent date going forward : 

KSwift_0-1680272272436.png

0 Upvotes