CRM

Jenny26
Top Contributor

Workflow to copy Product Line Item value to a Property

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

We are just getting started with using the Product Library & Line Items in our deals.

My question:

Using a workflow, is it possible to copy a line item value to a property?

For example, one of the products that we offer as an add-on to a consulting project is called “Premium Tech.” In addition to the product with that name, we also have a property called “Premium Tech Price.”

So, our Line Items in a deal might look like:

Consulting x1……$1000

Premium Tech x1…….….$500

I want a workflow to copy that product line item amount ($500) to the “Premium Tech Price” property.

We use the property “Premium Tech Price” in snippets, renewal emails, etc. so having this automation would be a great help. What do you think?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jenny26,

Yes, this is possible. I'll outline the process for you below.

First, you need to create a calculation property, Number of associated line items, with the following settings: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-calculation-properties

karstenkoehler_1-1679376344718.png

You then also need custom properties for:

- Products (multiple checkboxes, containing options for each of your products)

- Products refresher (single checkbox)

You would then set up a workflow as shown below. Make sure that re-enrollment is enabled for all enrollment triggers.

karstenkoehler_2-1679376726515.png

The workflow enrolls deals when the number of line item or the amount changes or if someone sets the refresher to yes, if they simply want to refresh the product selection. It's a manual way of triggering the workflow should the other options not work.

The workflow then clears the products property entirely (because selectively removing options is not possible – removing and readding all is). It then goes on to check in if/then branches whether each product is included in the deal or not. In my example, I chose product names A, B, C. You would choose your product names.

At the end the refresher is cleared so that it can be used again.

Should you realize that you need these values not in a products deal property but a contact property for easier personalization, you could of course create Products as a contact multiple checkboxes property, not a deal one.

I have this workflow in use in multiple portals and it works fine.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
MARTY5000
Participant

SOLVE

Nice @karstenkoehler , you're a legend. I didn't find this post until after I figured out this same solution and was looking for the post without a solution I found earlier this week. I thought I could finally be a Hubspot hero but alas...

Only thing I added to this is a check for a match against my current options, if the WF is missing a new value it will send me an internal email to update.

Probably unnecessary but I also added a short delay in case reps are adding and removing too quickly, it'll provide at least 2-minutes for them to get it right.

Cheers!

product-copy-error-email.png

0 Upvotes
Jenny26
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler Amazing! Thank you so much! I'll give it a go.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jenny26,

Yes, this is possible. I'll outline the process for you below.

First, you need to create a calculation property, Number of associated line items, with the following settings: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-calculation-properties

karstenkoehler_1-1679376344718.png

You then also need custom properties for:

- Products (multiple checkboxes, containing options for each of your products)

- Products refresher (single checkbox)

You would then set up a workflow as shown below. Make sure that re-enrollment is enabled for all enrollment triggers.

karstenkoehler_2-1679376726515.png

The workflow enrolls deals when the number of line item or the amount changes or if someone sets the refresher to yes, if they simply want to refresh the product selection. It's a manual way of triggering the workflow should the other options not work.

The workflow then clears the products property entirely (because selectively removing options is not possible – removing and readding all is). It then goes on to check in if/then branches whether each product is included in the deal or not. In my example, I chose product names A, B, C. You would choose your product names.

At the end the refresher is cleared so that it can be used again.

Should you realize that you need these values not in a products deal property but a contact property for easier personalization, you could of course create Products as a contact multiple checkboxes property, not a deal one.

I have this workflow in use in multiple portals and it works fine.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JFoster87
Participant

SOLVE

Is there a way to reverse this process and copy a deal property to a line item property? Currently trying to troubleshoot myself but running into a blocker where line item properties cannot be calculated fields. Any assistance in this would be wonderful! Thank you!

JFoster87_0-1706200990312.png

0 Upvotes
AChapin

SOLVE

Is there a way to customize the workflow for when there are multiple deals for a contact? We have customers who reorder and would want the line item property to be unique for the specific deal. 

0 Upvotes
MARTY5000
Participant

SOLVE

I think creating Product Order 1, Product Order 2, etc (perhaps in a custom Object to make it easier to manage/view on Contact record) and then adding an early check for existing value in those properties.

If Product Order 1 is unknown, run PO1 workflow as normal. If known, check PO2.

If PO2 is unknown, enroll in a clone of the first workflow that populates PO2 property instead.

If PO2 is known, check PO3, etc...

What do you think?

0 Upvotes
MPenfold
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for this tip @karstenkoehler; it wasn't exactly what I needed but a little playing around with the calculation property type and I figured out a solution to a similar problem. Thanks again!

SNasonov
Participant

SOLVE

hey Karsten,
thanks for above.

Sorry if I interpreted it incorrectly, but as I get it from the post and I have encountered with the same issue.

In line Items I have products A, product B, product C with their own price.

On the deal level I have property Product B price, so I want to make workflow to update Product B Price only based on the price from Line items.

Could you assist in that?

0 Upvotes