CRM

LMichael
参加者

Workflow to Set Contact Owner by Zip Code

解決

I'm trying to set up a workflow to set the contact owner based on zip codes here in California. We cover most of central and southern california divided between two sales people. I started the workflow with an if/then branch. I tried to add the filter as "zip code is equal to" then add all the zip codes seperated by commas. Nothing shows up when I click save.

Do I need to add each zip code as a new filter? ex. zip code is equal to 91342 OR zip code is equal to 91344 OR etc.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to set this up?

Thanks!

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @LMichael,

HubSpot doesn't interpret commas as a separator – however semicolons should work. I explained this in a earlier post here.

Could you try with semicolons, following the steps from the link above and report back?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

4件の返信
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @LMichael,

HubSpot doesn't interpret commas as a separator – however semicolons should work. I explained this in a earlier post here.

Could you try with semicolons, following the steps from the link above and report back?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

LMichael
参加者

解決

Thanks Karsten! That makes sense. Now the issue I'm running into is I don't have the "is equal to any" option, just "is equal to." So when I paste my list into "is equal to" is goes blank. Is this something I can change regarding the zip code properpty?

LMichael_0-1643225680890.png

0 いいね!
karstenkoehler
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @LMichael,

It looks like your "Zip Code" property was created as a number property. The system default "Postal code" is a single-line text:

karstenkoehler_0-1643226361920.png

When you navigate to Settings > Properties, and search for "Zip Code" you can double check the property type. Usually, if the property is already in use (in lists, workflows etc.), you can't change the type anymore.

A fix could a contact-based workflow that copies the "Zip Code" into the "Postal code" for each contact:

karstenkoehler_1-1643226585290.png

You can then use the "Postal code" from now on.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Karsten Köhler

0 いいね!
LMichael
参加者

解決

You are a lifesaver! Thank you so much for your help!

0 いいね!