CRM

Jenny26
Top Contributor

Workflow to Enroll Contact in a Sequence based on Deal Property

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

We have a renewal pipeline. Each deal in the pipeline has a date property called "Software Expiration Date." We're considering using a sequence to send "renewal reminder emails."

Is it possible to create a workflow that enrolls a deal's billing contact into a sequence when the "Sofware Expiration Date" is 90 days from now? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jenny

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jenny26,

I would approach this using two workflows: a deal-based workflow and a contact-based workflow.

The deal-based workflow would re-enroll deals when "Software expiration date is less than 90 days from now".

The first and only action in this workflow would then be the "Set property value" action.

Before you can set this up, you would first create a new custom contact property called, for example, "Renewal reminder trigger", a single checkbox. Using the "Set property value" action, you would check this box on the contact(s) associated to the deal.

In a contact-based workflow, you could then re-enroll contacts when this box is checked and use the "Enroll in a sequence" workflow action. After this action, use the "Clear property value" actoin on the newly created custom property so that, theoretically, it could be checked by a workflow again.

When you set this up for re-enrollment, keep in mind that you would each year send the potentially same sequence – which might not be the best experience for your customers.

Let me know if I should provide more detail for any step!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Jenny26 

What HubSpot subscriptions do you have?

The sequence enrolment trigger is only available in a contact workflow.

However contact workflows have limited date filter options, see below.

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 19.25.39.png

Working with a deal workflow would give you better filter options for the date property but no option to enrol in a sequence. But you could simply send an automated email and set recipients by association label. But that requries a Marketing Hub subscription. Have you considered that approach?

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 19.27.15.png

Otherwise we could work by setting a contact property (i.e. "upcoming renewal" yes/no), and use that property as an enrolment trigger in a contact workflow.

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Jenny26 

What HubSpot subscriptions do you have?

The sequence enrolment trigger is only available in a contact workflow.

However contact workflows have limited date filter options, see below.

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 19.25.39.png

Working with a deal workflow would give you better filter options for the date property but no option to enrol in a sequence. But you could simply send an automated email and set recipients by association label. But that requries a Marketing Hub subscription. Have you considered that approach?

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 19.27.15.png

Otherwise we could work by setting a contact property (i.e. "upcoming renewal" yes/no), and use that property as an enrolment trigger in a contact workflow.

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
0 Upvotes
Jenny26
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you so much! Great insights here. I hadn't considered a marketing email approach with the association label. Very helpful!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jenny26,

I would approach this using two workflows: a deal-based workflow and a contact-based workflow.

The deal-based workflow would re-enroll deals when "Software expiration date is less than 90 days from now".

The first and only action in this workflow would then be the "Set property value" action.

Before you can set this up, you would first create a new custom contact property called, for example, "Renewal reminder trigger", a single checkbox. Using the "Set property value" action, you would check this box on the contact(s) associated to the deal.

In a contact-based workflow, you could then re-enroll contacts when this box is checked and use the "Enroll in a sequence" workflow action. After this action, use the "Clear property value" actoin on the newly created custom property so that, theoretically, it could be checked by a workflow again.

When you set this up for re-enrollment, keep in mind that you would each year send the potentially same sequence – which might not be the best experience for your customers.

Let me know if I should provide more detail for any step!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Jenny26
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you so much! I think this will do exactly what we need!

0 Upvotes