CRM

emacd33
Participant

Workflow looking at previous property value

SOLVE

We have a "client health score" property that has a green, yellow, or red value.  I am looking to create a workflow to notify people when the health score has been downgraded (green to yellow, yellow to red, green to red).  

Is there a way to set the previous value for the workflow to look at?  I don't want to trigger a notification for a client who was a red and has moved to yellow for example but I can't see a way to tell it to only trigger on yellow to red changes. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @emacd33,

Yes, this is possible but only by creating another property and workflow.

The property would be called 'Previous health score'. A workflow would re-enroll records when the original health score is known, wait five minutes and then copy the the value from the original health score into this new property.

Within those five minutes, you can use both properties as personalization tokens in your internal email notification.

The new property would always trail behind by five minutes, letting you reference the previous value.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @emacd33,

Yes, this is possible but only by creating another property and workflow.

The property would be called 'Previous health score'. A workflow would re-enroll records when the original health score is known, wait five minutes and then copy the the value from the original health score into this new property.

Within those five minutes, you can use both properties as personalization tokens in your internal email notification.

The new property would always trail behind by five minutes, letting you reference the previous value.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

RMenezes
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler is there a way to retroactively update fields to their previous property value through a workflow? I am looking at specifically reverting some fields to a previous value because they were erroneously updated by a form.

0 Upvotes
DAnaGuiloff
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

What @karstenkoehler said is pretty much the way to go. This is how I have done it...

Workflow:

Client Health Score Known, triggers workflow

Route based on value (if then statement)

1. If green, route to green branch
    • Check vs Previous Client Health Score
      • If no previous score, send appreciation and hope for continued green rating
      • If still green (current & previous score = green), send appreciation for continued green rating
      • If previously yellow or red and now green, send appreciation for upgraded rating, and notification to management for reporting.
  2. If yellow, route to yellow branch
      • If no previous score, send notification to the account owner & have them follow up with why neutral rating.
      • If still yellow (current & previous = yellow), send notification to the account owner & have them follow up with why neutral rating.
      • If previously red and now yellow, send appreciation for upgraded rating, but ask what could be done to earn a green rating, and notification to management for reporting.
      • If previously green, send a notification for the account owner to follow up and a notification for management to touch base immediately.
  3. If red, route to red branch
      • If no previous score, send urgent notification tothe account owner & have them follow up with why bad rating, also send a notification to management to check in immediately.
      • If still red (current & previous = red), send a notification to the account owner & have them follow up with why bad rating, also send a notification to management to follow up immediately.
      • If previously yellow or green and now red, send an urgent notice to the account owner & management for immediate followup immediately

Definitely make sure to keep an eye on changes or poor ratings for whoever is managing the account/contact owner and send immediate notifications so they can manage expectations.

For reporting, you could create lists for each level and watch the membership performance to see ratings over time.