CRM

BSerbalik

Workflow help needed for a created Company Section to Deals Info

We have added 4 sections to the company page that we created, where we help guide our reps with pre-discovery and account-specific questions/information.

What is the best way to copy these sections over to a deal once it's created? And if there is, is there a way to make it where the data that's then copied to the Deals page will automatically update in the event it changes on both the Deals and the Company page?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
BSerbalik

Is there a way to copy over the created sections instead of the individual properties?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @BSerbalik,

Unless you're okay with getting your hands dirty by coding (using the CRM development tools https://developers.hubspot.com/blog/crm-development-tools-for-hubspot-developers-beta), then no, unfortunately not.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @BSerbalik,

Generally, this can be achieved with workflows. For example, in a company-based workflow, you could re-enroll companies where Number of associated deals is known OR the first property to be copied is known OR the second property to be copied is known OR and so on... You can then use the Copy property value action to copy values for each of the properties to the deal records.

How many properties are you planning to copy? Generally, copying information can also cause issues and for a small number of properties, you could also adjust the information included on the company card in the right sidebar: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/select-properties-to-show-on-record-association-cards

If you want a two-way sync, things get a bit more complicated, happy to lay out the steps, if you want. The complexity here comes from not creating loops. If companies copy to deals and deals copy to companies, there needs to be a built-in logic to prevent a loop. This is not trivial and unfortunately adds quite a bit of complexity.

If you can avoid this, I'd recommend to avoid this, for example by switching simply to the company record and not working entirely from the deal record. I often see that companies want to work from one record exclusively but this actually often makes things harder. Getting comfortable with jumping between records, as intended by HubSpot, is often much easier.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.