CRM

MStadig
Participant

Workflow for updating meeting outcome

SOLVE

Hi! 

I'm looking to create a workflow as a reminder to our AE's to update the meeting type from Scheduled --> Completed (or what the outcome was) after the meeting time. 

I want an email to be sent out 1h after the meeting end time. 

Is it possible to build such a workflow and what would it look like?  

1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MStadig, I know how it feels to have to send these gentle reminders to make updates and hopefully running a workflow for a few months will be enough of a reminder to get your AE's in the habit of doing it on their own and you'll gain more adoption of the meeting tool features.

There are likely 20 ways to solve this, so I'm just going to throw out some ideas for you to consider and some questions if you want help narrowing it down a bit.

The enrollment trigger will be the toughest part to figure out - if you want to center it around a date, the meetings would all have to be scheduled through the meetings tool:

meeting.png

Are your AEs using the meetings tool? If so, are they used for different meeting types and does this reminder apply for all types?

From there, it's pretty easy to add the delay and then use the send internal email to notify your team.

You can also notify them by setting a task if that is something they are already working with.

Another way to approach this would be to look at why they aren't already updating the meeting outcome. Are they hosting the meetings outside of HubSpot? Can the app be integrated? Are they taking notes during the meeting? If so where? 

I like to think of automation as a way to streamline things we don't want to waste our team's time doing (remove friction), so when someone wants to add a workflow for something like this, I usually try to inspect the process to find out how to make it easier for the team to adopt and create efficiencies.

Hope this helps get the conversation going, there are a lot of people out there with much more experience with automation than I have who could share insights, like @danmoyle or @ChrisoKlepke

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Jnix284

SOLVE

@MStadig yes, the tricky part is determining if it has passed - but what if you setup the task when the meeting is scheduled. So instead of trying to capture that the meeting is over, try to setup the task in advance as soon as the meeting is scheduled and make the task due a pre-determined amount of days after creation (is there a typical timeframe these meetings occur within? within 7 days?) You might have a margin of error that some tasks will be due before the meeting and others won't get updated until a few days after, but at least you would have a reminder of some sort associated to the contact.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MStadig, I know how it feels to have to send these gentle reminders to make updates and hopefully running a workflow for a few months will be enough of a reminder to get your AE's in the habit of doing it on their own and you'll gain more adoption of the meeting tool features.

There are likely 20 ways to solve this, so I'm just going to throw out some ideas for you to consider and some questions if you want help narrowing it down a bit.

The enrollment trigger will be the toughest part to figure out - if you want to center it around a date, the meetings would all have to be scheduled through the meetings tool:

meeting.png

Are your AEs using the meetings tool? If so, are they used for different meeting types and does this reminder apply for all types?

From there, it's pretty easy to add the delay and then use the send internal email to notify your team.

You can also notify them by setting a task if that is something they are already working with.

Another way to approach this would be to look at why they aren't already updating the meeting outcome. Are they hosting the meetings outside of HubSpot? Can the app be integrated? Are they taking notes during the meeting? If so where? 

I like to think of automation as a way to streamline things we don't want to waste our team's time doing (remove friction), so when someone wants to add a workflow for something like this, I usually try to inspect the process to find out how to make it easier for the team to adopt and create efficiencies.

Hope this helps get the conversation going, there are a lot of people out there with much more experience with automation than I have who could share insights, like @danmoyle or @ChrisoKlepke

MStadig
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there!

Thanks for the update on this. I'm struggling a bit with setting the correct triggers and workflow. Currently, we don't use the booking tool, but the SDRs send out a calendar invitation to the prospect, which triggers a meeting to be created in HubSpot.

My plan was to set the engagement where the meeting outcome is still Scheduled and where the date and time for the meeting have already passed. Thus if the meeting outcome = Scheduled and the meeting time is in the past, this should trigger an email reminder to the company owner to update the outcome of the meeting. The problem is to find a good property that can sense that the meeting time has already passed. 

danmoyle

SOLVE

I like @Jnix284's solutions above and second them as solid solutions. 

@MStadig I think your idea to triger based off meeting is scheduled and time has passed, send an internal email should work. You could also create automation to assign a task as soon as the meeting is scheduled, which is due a few days later, that trains them in the habit of making notes in the contact record. 

This may be a larger conversation on procedures and culture, with the use of automation as a helper to it all. If your reps aren't used to taking notes and marking a meeting as complete, change management is needed and not just automation. 

Just my 2 cents. 😊

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/