CRM

RSterrenberg
Participant

Workflow for Copying Company Lead Status to Contacts

SOLVE

Looking to create a workflow that will copy the known lead status of a Company record to all contact records associated with said Company. 

Our issue is when contacts are being added to HubSpot via integration from NetSuite's CRM. What workflow wording do I need to capture those new contacts being added to copy their Company's lead status?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RSterrenberg,

From a first glance, I believe you need two workflows for this, a company-based and a contact-based workflow. The challenge here is that a contact property (such as Lead status is unknown) cannot be used for re-enrollment in company-based workflows. However re-enrollment in your company-based workflow is a must – companies have to re-enroll if new associated contacts keep on coming into the system from your NetSuite CRM.

Summary of the method below: Workflow 1 checks if there are new contacts from your NetSuite CRM and if yes, marks the associated company record accordingly. Workflow 2 can now re-enroll companies whenever a new NetSuite CRM contact comes into HubSpot.

The first step would be to create a custom company property, type Radio select, let's call it Refresh lead status, which can be true or false. Your first workflow would be a contact-based one; it enrolls contacts from your NetSuite CRM (there is probably a property that marks them as NetSuite contacts?) and sets the value of the company property to true. We now have company property that can be used for re-enrollment in our second workflow.

The second workflow, a company-based workflow, enrolls companies with Lead status is known OR Refresh lead status is true. Both properties need to be checked for re-enrollment! (Otherwise a change in company Lead status will not reflect on the contacts and the refresh won't work either.) The next action of the workflow would be copying the value of the company Lead status to the contact Lead status. Don't forget to clear the property Refresh lead status at the end of the company-based workflow.

I haven't tested this so make sure to test with a handful of records before unleashing it onto your database.

Let me know if I should clarify on any of the points above.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RSterrenberg,

From a first glance, I believe you need two workflows for this, a company-based and a contact-based workflow. The challenge here is that a contact property (such as Lead status is unknown) cannot be used for re-enrollment in company-based workflows. However re-enrollment in your company-based workflow is a must – companies have to re-enroll if new associated contacts keep on coming into the system from your NetSuite CRM.

Summary of the method below: Workflow 1 checks if there are new contacts from your NetSuite CRM and if yes, marks the associated company record accordingly. Workflow 2 can now re-enroll companies whenever a new NetSuite CRM contact comes into HubSpot.

The first step would be to create a custom company property, type Radio select, let's call it Refresh lead status, which can be true or false. Your first workflow would be a contact-based one; it enrolls contacts from your NetSuite CRM (there is probably a property that marks them as NetSuite contacts?) and sets the value of the company property to true. We now have company property that can be used for re-enrollment in our second workflow.

The second workflow, a company-based workflow, enrolls companies with Lead status is known OR Refresh lead status is true. Both properties need to be checked for re-enrollment! (Otherwise a change in company Lead status will not reflect on the contacts and the refresh won't work either.) The next action of the workflow would be copying the value of the company Lead status to the contact Lead status. Don't forget to clear the property Refresh lead status at the end of the company-based workflow.

I haven't tested this so make sure to test with a handful of records before unleashing it onto your database.

Let me know if I should clarify on any of the points above.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.