CRM

CSic
Contributor

Workflow enrollment limit?

SOLVE

Hi all,

I have created 5-6 workflows to move a contact through lead statuses based on criteria.

I have all workflows in our sandbox to test, and have started one by one, changing criteria and checking on enrollment. I got through 3 status changes, and on the 4th it is not enrolling. When I "test" I am getting a note that my test contacts DO NOT ENROLL in a simple workflow where they meet all the criteria (I've reviewed it multiple times).

The only things I can think of is:

- There is a limit to the number of workflows a contact can be enrolled in within a certain amount of time?

- There is a limit of the number of times a property can change status within a certain amount of time?

Has anyone heard of this? Do I need to wait a specific amount of time before I can continue to test enrollment?

My criteria:

>> Trigger:

- Lifecycle stage is any of: Lead, MQL, SQL;

- Lead status is none of: all statuses that follow after the one I'm going to assign (in sequential order so we don't move someone backward that already progressed past a status);

- "X" property is known

>> Next step: Set lead status to: "X" (next in line)

The test contact record has the following

- Lifecycle = Lead

- Property = known (saved in record)

- Lead status on record is NOT shown in "none of" list on workflow (as it precedes the others in order)

Thanks everyone for the help! I'm thinking of reaching out to support, but if there is a limit, I want to make sure I'm aware so I don't put this into place without undersatnding the parameters.

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @CSic 

There is no workflow enrolment limit - the main limits are either:

• the enrolment settings
  • the re-enrolment settings
  • the goal settings
  • unenrol settings
  • suppression list settings

You mentioned that "When I "test" I am getting a note that my test contacts DO NOT ENROLL in a simple workflow where they meet all the criteria (I've reviewed it multiple times)." Can you share a screenshot and full details of the workflow enrolment triggers, re-enrolment triggers and settings, as well as the contacts property values which are being used used/referenced in the workflow.

Thanks

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CSic,

@CSic wrote:

When I "test" I am getting a note that my test contacts DO NOT ENROLL in a simple workflow where they meet all the criteria (I've reviewed it multiple times).

Have you used this 'Test criteria' feature?

karstenkoehler_0-1676526038426.png

It'll tell you whether the contact is meeting the enrollment criteria or if they're missing part of it.

If they do meet all criteria, that's a clue that:

- you either chose not to enroll existing contacts

- there is a workflow goal preventing contacts from enrolling

- in the workflow settings, there is an exclusion list preventing contacts from enrolling

If they don't, you would have to review the enrollment criteria.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CSic
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks all! I used the test and kept getting the error. Finally found the issue by adding removing each lead status one by one!

Solution: A lead status option name had apparently been edited by a previous team member, rather than creating a new option, therefore, the internal value of the new name was still "connected". There was a new property that had also been created named "connected". Therefore, when I selected "none of" and did not include the new "connected" lead status, it was reading the internal value of the old property (listed under a different name) and would not enroll the contact while they were in the "connected" status. It makes sense now, but not when I was starting at the screen and did not have "connected" listed in the options in the trigger of "Lead status = none of" I could not understand why they wouldn't enroll. When I went back and saw the matching internal values, the light bulb went off!

Thanks again to @karstenkoehler and @franksteiner79  for reaching out to help!

3 Replies 3
CSic
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks all! I used the test and kept getting the error. Finally found the issue by adding removing each lead status one by one!

Solution: A lead status option name had apparently been edited by a previous team member, rather than creating a new option, therefore, the internal value of the new name was still "connected". There was a new property that had also been created named "connected". Therefore, when I selected "none of" and did not include the new "connected" lead status, it was reading the internal value of the old property (listed under a different name) and would not enroll the contact while they were in the "connected" status. It makes sense now, but not when I was starting at the screen and did not have "connected" listed in the options in the trigger of "Lead status = none of" I could not understand why they wouldn't enroll. When I went back and saw the matching internal values, the light bulb went off!

Thanks again to @karstenkoehler and @franksteiner79  for reaching out to help!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CSic,

@CSic wrote:

When I "test" I am getting a note that my test contacts DO NOT ENROLL in a simple workflow where they meet all the criteria (I've reviewed it multiple times).

Have you used this 'Test criteria' feature?

karstenkoehler_0-1676526038426.png

It'll tell you whether the contact is meeting the enrollment criteria or if they're missing part of it.

If they do meet all criteria, that's a clue that:

- you either chose not to enroll existing contacts

- there is a workflow goal preventing contacts from enrolling

- in the workflow settings, there is an exclusion list preventing contacts from enrolling

If they don't, you would have to review the enrollment criteria.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @CSic 

There is no workflow enrolment limit - the main limits are either:

• the enrolment settings
  • the re-enrolment settings
  • the goal settings
  • unenrol settings
  • suppression list settings

You mentioned that "When I "test" I am getting a note that my test contacts DO NOT ENROLL in a simple workflow where they meet all the criteria (I've reviewed it multiple times)." Can you share a screenshot and full details of the workflow enrolment triggers, re-enrolment triggers and settings, as well as the contacts property values which are being used used/referenced in the workflow.

Thanks

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project