CRM

RZia
Participant

Workflow based on task due date

SOLVE

Hi,

I want to move a lead deal to a pipeline stage based on its associated activity. For example, if I set a task for a contact and its due date is today, I want the lead deal associated with that contact to move to a "follow up" stage I define in the pipeline. I got as far as making an activity based enrollment trigger, but it won't let me trigger it when the date of today is equal to the date the task is due. I attached a screen shot. Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 12.01.31 PM.png

Any suggested work arounds?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @RZia, this is a cool use case! Really quick, have you tried using the "Last activity date" filter within your deal view?

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 3.38.16 PM.png

That would show you all deals that have an activity (task, call, meeting, etc.) scheduled for the current calendar day. That won't move the deal stage of course, but it will help you isolate the deals with planned activities for the day.

Otherwise, you may be able to get close by using a workflow. First, you'll want to make sure that the task is associated with the deal, not just associated with the contact who is associated with the deal. 

Next, I would recommend checking ou the task filters under the "Engagement" options:

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 3.41.52 PM.png

These won't necessarily be time-bound, but I'm wondering if you could get creative with the task creation. For example if you use a special naming convention within the task name/notes, that could be included in your enrollment criteria. From there, you could create a workflow that would assign those tasks on the day that they're due (not ideal, but bear with me). If we know that tasks with that special naming convention are due on the day that they're assigned, we could have HubSpot pull in deals that have a task with that name/note and have them update the deal stage to your "follow up" stage.

I don't think there's much you can do in terms of centering a workflow on the task due date, but hopefully you'll be able to find a workflow that fits for your use case!

Lastly, if it's an issue of your reps not following up or not knowing who they need to follow up with, I'd recommend using the task reminders (you can set email and HubSpot reminders as needed) and any needed custom reminder workflows (i.e., if a deal sits in the same stage for XX days, trigger an internal notification email).

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @RZia, this is a cool use case! Really quick, have you tried using the "Last activity date" filter within your deal view?

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 3.38.16 PM.png

That would show you all deals that have an activity (task, call, meeting, etc.) scheduled for the current calendar day. That won't move the deal stage of course, but it will help you isolate the deals with planned activities for the day.

Otherwise, you may be able to get close by using a workflow. First, you'll want to make sure that the task is associated with the deal, not just associated with the contact who is associated with the deal. 

Next, I would recommend checking ou the task filters under the "Engagement" options:

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 3.41.52 PM.png

These won't necessarily be time-bound, but I'm wondering if you could get creative with the task creation. For example if you use a special naming convention within the task name/notes, that could be included in your enrollment criteria. From there, you could create a workflow that would assign those tasks on the day that they're due (not ideal, but bear with me). If we know that tasks with that special naming convention are due on the day that they're assigned, we could have HubSpot pull in deals that have a task with that name/note and have them update the deal stage to your "follow up" stage.

I don't think there's much you can do in terms of centering a workflow on the task due date, but hopefully you'll be able to find a workflow that fits for your use case!

Lastly, if it's an issue of your reps not following up or not knowing who they need to follow up with, I'd recommend using the task reminders (you can set email and HubSpot reminders as needed) and any needed custom reminder workflows (i.e., if a deal sits in the same stage for XX days, trigger an internal notification email).

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

RZia
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the in depth answer! I'll try one of your recommendations. 

jolle

SOLVE

You got it! Feel free to follow up here if you need anything else! 

Jacob Olle

0 Upvotes