CRM

KSE12
Participant

Workflow Triggers using a contact property that a custom equation resulting in a percentage

SOLVE

I have a workflow in which I would like to  filter by a percentage.  Hub  Spot indicates that I must use a real number and not a percentage.  Yet I am able to create a property using a calculation filed resulting in a percentage.  

I would like to filter my workflow by adding a % of a population that is for example over 50%.

Additional information:

Worfkflow is triggerd from a Form

Form asks population of a school

I have a property that can calculate a percentage of ethnic make up of population of school but would now like the workflow to filter out a percentage that is equal or greater that ( X).  Hub Spot indicates it can't filter on percentage

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Workflow Triggers using a contact property that a custom equation resulting in a percentage

SOLVE

Hi @KSE12,

Currently HubSpot doesn't support decimal points in number filters. As an easy fix, you could add * 100 to the calculation of your property. Now, instead of filtering for contacts with >50%, for example, you'd filter for contacts >50.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KSE12,

Could you try and create a new custom property instead of changing the existing one? I just created one from scratch and was able to save the equation.

If that doesn't work, could you let me know what number format you've chosen for "Asian/Pacific Islander" and "How many students..."?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
KSE12
Participant

SOLVE

Deleting and starting from scratch did the trick.  I can't thank you enough for assisting with a solution for us!!

KSE12
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you.  I will try.  I have to delete a couple of the calculation properties as HS will only allow me a total of 5 (it says).  My number formats are both number fields.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KSE12,

Could you try and create a new custom property instead of changing the existing one? I just created one from scratch and was able to save the equation.

If that doesn't work, could you let me know what number format you've chosen for "Asian/Pacific Islander" and "How many students..."?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
KSE12
Participant

SOLVE

KSE12_0-1607530883844.png

HS Calculation.PNG

This makes sense but I'm not quiet grasping how to set the calculation up.  When I add the * 100 to the calculation it won't allow me to save the equation so I'm still missing a step?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KSE12,

Currently HubSpot doesn't support decimal points in number filters. As an easy fix, you could add * 100 to the calculation of your property. Now, instead of filtering for contacts with >50%, for example, you'd filter for contacts >50.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler