CRM

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Workflow - Project Start Date must be after close date

SOLVE

I am trying to set up a workflow to ensure my deal data is updated properly. In my situation I have a project start date being recorded on each deal along with a close date. I am trying to make a workflow that validates the project start date must always be set after the close date. Has anyone had success doing this? 

Thank you,

Adam

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ConnorSlivensky
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

I think that the filter "Date is before property" would be helpful here as a trigger. It could get you a list of incomplete entries and copy the completion date to the contact sales date or vice versa.

Other than that I think you'd need to tie some sort of trigger (like a hidden property in the SQL form) to enroll the workflow and copy the date given.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
MBoogaard
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @HubSpotMaster - did you ever work this out? I am struggling with the same issue and trying to find a workflow that would 'update the start date to the close date +1 month'. 

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MBoogaard,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I found these similar posts that might help you:

- The comment from @MeganLegge on this post "Date based deal workflow"
- The reply from @ybaptiste on this post "Customize the close date in deals"
- The solution from @DSelucky on this post "Set a date property as "x days after" day of step"

I also wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation @DanielJeal, @Teun and @miljkovicmisa, do you have any other suggestions to help @MBoogaard, please?

If anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thank you and have a good day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
MBoogaard
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you @BérangèreL  @DanielJeal@Teun @miljkovicmisa.

What I am trying to do is create a workflow that:

• Find all projects that have a 'project start date' that is before the 'deal close date' (this is easy)
  • Then, change the 'project start date' to 30 days from the 'deal close date' (this I cannot find how to do).

Can you help with this?

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MBoogaard,

Thank you for the additional information!

So, you want to update the 'project start date' property to 30 days from the 'deal close date'.

Hello @AMammarella@deepikaverma@himanshurauthan and @Jonno_Price, do you have any tips or workaround to help @MBoogaard, please?

Thank and have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hello @MBoogaard - I believe setting a date property x number of days hence is now possible to do via a workflow - but you will need Ops Hub Pro and above. 

See more details here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Lists-Lead-Scoring-Workflows/Set-a-date-property-as-quot-x-days-aft...

Community legend Karsten Koehler expands on this here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Automatically-set-date-property/m-p/762426 

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

Yeti_Mike
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HubSpotMaster ,

I agree with @ConnorSlivensky on the "date is before property." You could use that to trigger an internal notification to yourself or a colleague when this occurs. I don't think a preventative validation rule is an option though as far as I know.

Best regards,

Mike

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @HubSpotMaster,

Can you share a screenshot of what you have set up at the moment? I am thinking an if/then branch could work, but don't want to repeat anything you've already tried. 

@Yeti_Mike@ConnorSlivensky@Josh do you have any suggestions for @HubSpotMaster?

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
HubSpotMaster

SOLVE

I wanted to make the definitions more clear as my first post wasn't exactly clear. I have 2 fields

• Close Date = Date we expect the deal to close
  • Project Completion Date = Date the customer has provided to us as their move date so our work must be completed by then. 

In this situation the Project Completion Date should never be after a project completion date because we would never complete a project without a closed contract so was trying to figure out if there are any data validation hacks you can setup with workflows to prevent that from happening. 

I know in Salesforce I can make field validations that would compare those dates and kick back an error so was yearning for a way to get that effect. 

0 Upvotes
ConnorSlivensky
Solution

SOLVE

I think that the filter "Date is before property" would be helpful here as a trigger. It could get you a list of incomplete entries and copy the completion date to the contact sales date or vice versa.

Other than that I think you'd need to tie some sort of trigger (like a hidden property in the SQL form) to enroll the workflow and copy the date given.