CRM

CBierwerth3

Workflow - Create a New Deal and Tasks based on Close date of a Deal

SOLVE

We work with recurring annual revenue and I have a workflow set up that creates a Renewal Deal when a New Revenue Deal is closed.  I also have a Renewal deal create from an annual Renewal deal so they don't have to be set up manually.

The problem is that the new Deal (and tasks for follow up) are created from the day I closed it not the Close Date of the Deal. How do I trigger the next deal and subsequent tasks based on Close Date? I am stumped. Any Help is appreciated! Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CBierwerth3,

This would indeed not be possible out of the box. It would require calculation properties on a date (which is unfortunately not supported yet). However, with the new HubSpot Operations Hub there is the option to include custom code in workflows. You would need the appropriate subscription, but with custom code you could add 30, 60, 120 days to any date property and trigger tasks off that. It's not something that can be drafted on the fly in a community post but could be worth evaluating.

If I was able to help you with your next steps, you can help the community (and make my day) by marking the appropriate posts as solutions.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CBierwerth3,

This would indeed not be possible out of the box. It would require calculation properties on a date (which is unfortunately not supported yet). However, with the new HubSpot Operations Hub there is the option to include custom code in workflows. You would need the appropriate subscription, but with custom code you could add 30, 60, 120 days to any date property and trigger tasks off that. It's not something that can be drafted on the fly in a community post but could be worth evaluating.

If I was able to help you with your next steps, you can help the community (and make my day) by marking the appropriate posts as solutions.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CBierwerth3,

The workflow above is based on an expected close date so it wouldn't work with backdating. Could you explain again, step by step, when the deal stage / close date are updated and when exactly you want the next deal to be created?

If you retroactively set a deal close date to one month ago, you would not be able to set the create date of the new deal to one month ago. The new deal would be created whenever the workflow gets the information that a deal was closed. It couldn't be backdated, it's not possible to create a deal in the past.

Let me know if I'm getting your query right, happy to explore and help!

Karsten Köhler

CBierwerth3

SOLVE
You have it correct. For now, I am backdating closed deals to reconcile the
Deals to match a spreadsheet. Moving forward I hope to be on top of closing
the deals on time so no problems there.

My problem lie in the fact that sales is not creating the deals at all so
they have to be created in the past to match a manual spreadsheet and they
want their tasks to match the annual renewal (30,60 120 follow up to be
created automatically) I see this is not possible unless it is a current
deal.

Thank you for your help! I appreciate the time everyone took to answer my
question.
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CBierwerth3,

I might be missing something from your description of requirements but from a first glance, a deal-based workflow based on the Close date of the "old" deal could look like this:

karstenkoehler_0-1620451402375.png

Let me know if this answers the question, happy to explore further!

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

azertuche
Participant

SOLVE

The option to select "is less than" has been removed. I can't find it in the current selection.

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @azertuche, hope you are doing well 🙂

I wasn't able to reproduce the behavior. 

This is a quick video with the steps to see the option.

Hope this helps,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
CBierwerth3

SOLVE

What would happen if I am closing the deals retroactively? I don't find out that they are closed until they are paid. Would this change?

0 Upvotes