CRM

pbmartin
Contributor

Workflow: Check if one field value is contained in another field

We have a lot of Companies with identical names, but different cities--for instance, First Baptist Church (city = Huntsville) and First Baptist church (city = Tyler). I would like to append " of ", followed by the City to each record, but sometimes the city is already there so I want to check to see if the City is contained in the Company Name before update. Is there a way to check if one dynamic field value is contained in another dynamic field on the same record before updating the record?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
ADale
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

There are two ways to do this— Operations Hub using custom code in a workflow makes this pretty straightforward.

If you don't have access to Operations Hub, however, there is a way you can still do this.

The key is the if/then decision "Property A was modified after property B" and use the fact that if you do a "change value" to a property but it already has the value you're "changing" it to— then HS doesn't count it as a "modified". So basically, you write a value, and see whether HS counted it as a "modified" or not.

It can be a little tricky, but once you do it once or twice, you get the hang of it. Complete guide with screenshots if you want to try it yourself: https://areveo.com/how-to-see-if-two-properties-are-equal-in-hubspot

Hope this helps! If you have any questions on it, let me know always happy to chat!

MHolzer
Contributor

yea so your workflows is pretty obsolete just use a calculation property to get this done in a minute fyi

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing @ADale

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @pbmartin 

Thank you for posting in the Community. 

It is not possible at this stage with HubSpot to do what you describe or to compare properties in general in workflows. However, I would invite you to upvote this idea that is quite similar to what you would like. The Ideas Form is where our Product Team regularly reviews new ideas and engages with users for their feedback. 

Have a lovely day!

Tiphaine. 

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !