CRM

bmoore509
Contributor

Workflow - Based on Type of Rep Activity

SOLVE

I'm trying to create a workflow where when our sales rep logs a future meeting that is a certain "call or meeting type" that it triggers the workflow.

As an initial push, I set up one that works great as a deal workflow. The enrollment is that call or meeting type is "IYA" and the activity is within 4 days - this then creates two tasks - one due in one day and one due in 7 days. (So essentially a pre-meeting task and a post-meeting task.)

However, not all IYAs are necessarily associated with a deal. I considered changing it to a company based workflow - but if we do an IYA for a company at two different times, I still need the tasks to be created for both events.

Any ideas on how I could work around this? (The only workaround I have currently would be that all IYAs require a deal, even if it's 0%.)

1 Accepted solution
warrendavey
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

You would need to have your team decide which object is always associated with an activity.  My assumption and best practice would be that this is associated with a contact.  That is where your workflow should trigger. All of your deals should have a contact record as well and the workflow would work in all cases.

Example:

You create an IYA from the Deal.  There should be a contact associated with the deal and the activity should automatically be associated with that contact based on the standard functionality of HubSpot.  So the workflow would trigger based on the contact now having an activity, even though it originated from the deal.

Does that help and make sense?

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
warrendavey

SOLVE

@bmoore509 

I may be confused.  Do you need IYAs to always have a post and pre-task? Or is it only for deals?

You should just be able to set the trigger from an Activity and set the Call and Meeting Type as any IYA. This would allow you to have the workflow kick off anytime an IYA Call and Meeting type is created. See image.

Screenshot 2019-11-01 12.11.24.png

If you want to give me more context I can help further.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

0 Upvotes
bmoore509
Contributor

SOLVE

The only issue with what you have screenshotted is that because it's a deal based workflow, it does not seem to trigger if someone logs an activity not attached to a deal.

Do you need IYAs to always have a post and pre-task?

This is correct. For any IYAs, I would want a pre and post-task.

0 Upvotes
warrendavey
Solution

SOLVE

You would need to have your team decide which object is always associated with an activity.  My assumption and best practice would be that this is associated with a contact.  That is where your workflow should trigger. All of your deals should have a contact record as well and the workflow would work in all cases.

Example:

You create an IYA from the Deal.  There should be a contact associated with the deal and the activity should automatically be associated with that contact based on the standard functionality of HubSpot.  So the workflow would trigger based on the contact now having an activity, even though it originated from the deal.

Does that help and make sense?

Davey Waren
Pearagon

0 Upvotes
bmoore509
Contributor

SOLVE

Really appreciate your input here! It definitely makes sense.  I do have two questions though, so just for my own clarity.

1.  Would you be able to re-enroll a contact in this example? I.E. We did an IYA in October 2019 and then again in February 2020 - would the second get the tasks created?
  2. If you have three contacts for an IYA, would that create three separate tasks?

Again, thank you so much for your help!

0 Upvotes
warrendavey

SOLVE

@bmoore509 

Not a problem.  Yes, you could theoretically create a re-enrollment trigger based on something that changes like a stage or status related to them.  

It is creating one task and would probably include all the contacts related to the meeting itself. However, it will show the same task on on three profiles, but it is only one task at the end of the day.

Davey Waren
Pearagon