CRM

Sugapriya9293

Workflow - Associate Contact to Company?

I tried setting the website URL property of a contact to match the domain name of the company but I don't see the association between this contact and the company. How to associate from the website URL?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
DStaat
Participant

Hey Sugapriya9293! We have an app called Associ8 that would do this for you. It associates objects together based on like properties (website URL in your case). Check it out here.

If you need help installing or getting set up, let me know! I’d be happy to hop on a call with you.

Best,

-David Staat

0 Upvotes
RBozeman
Participant

@Sugapriya9293 Do you have automatic associations turned on? To my knowledge, this does not happen inside a Workflow and is a separate feature that must be turned on and off. You cannot associate contacts to companies within workflows unless you have Operations Hub, then you can custom code a solution. 

Also, with automatic associations, the contact's "Website URL" field is only used when the user has a freemail account, like Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo. Otherwise, HubSpot will use the contact's email domain and match that to the company domain value. 

Also just wanted to mention that Insycle can help with this. Full disclosure, I work for Insycle. But Insycle allows for you to associate contacts, companies, and deals, in bulk, using any field in your database as a potential matching field. You can also use Insycle to manage primary associations, labels, and child-parent associations.  Then you can automate your association templates to run on a set schedule, or inject them into your HubSpot Workflows.

Here's an example screenshot. Here, we are associating contacts-to-companies using the Website URL and Company Domain fields. Then, we instruct Insycle to ignore "Text (Substrings)". In the "Terms" button, we are instructing it to ignore "www." "Http://" and "Https://" so that website URLs and Domains can be matched. 

4post.png

Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @Sugapriya9293 

According to the documentation, this feature applies to freemail addresses like gmail and yahoo only - is the contact you tried this on using one of those email addresses?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency