CRM

Jez_D
Participant

Will Importing Contacts affect workflow?

SOLVE

Morning,

We are about to import contacts exported from another system. One of our Hubspot custom properties will not have a matching value in the data to import. In Hubspot, we populate the property by using a Hubspot workflow. So, my question is, when I add users via importing of data, and the custom property gets a value, will the trigger "property is known" be invoked?

Regards

Jez D

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jez_D,

If I am understanding correctly, yes. If your enrollment criteria is that a specific custom property is known, it won't enroll contacts until said property is known. This would be true whether the contact was added manually, from an online source, or via an import. If the workflow is set up correctly, you shouldn't have any issues.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Jez_D,

If I am understanding correctly, yes. If your enrollment criteria is that a specific custom property is known, it won't enroll contacts until said property is known. This would be true whether the contact was added manually, from an online source, or via an import. If the workflow is set up correctly, you shouldn't have any issues.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Jez_D
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks. That confirms what I believed. I actually don't want the workflows to run as a result of the data import, so I will turn them off.

0 Upvotes