CRM

eliot_martin
Contributor

Why is the "Time Between" Calculation Fuzzy?

SOLVE

If you use the "Time Between" Calculated property type on a Equation field type why on earth is the output fuzzy?

Returning the string "a month" rather than an integer is nonsensical.  Why go to the extra developmental effort of parsing what would have initially been a numerical value into something vague and fundamentally useless?

Am I missing something or is there an actual numerical value hidden under the abstract output?

Edit: To answer my own question, after some testing it appears that there is a numeric value under this fuzzy output.  If I run a calculation on this value against an actual date property it returns milliseconds.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
SNigam
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @eliot_martin ,

I got the issue. Yes you are right there is a numerical number behind string and if you use it in equation like if you try to do any calculation it will give output in miliseconds. 

Can you tell me what you are trying to do might be I can help you by any other method.

Thank you 

Shubham Nigam 

HubSpot Administrator

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
SNigam
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @eliot_martin ,

I got the issue. Yes you are right there is a numerical number behind string and if you use it in equation like if you try to do any calculation it will give output in miliseconds. 

Can you tell me what you are trying to do might be I can help you by any other method.

Thank you 

Shubham Nigam 

HubSpot Administrator

chrisbrisson
Participant

SOLVE

@SNigam The problem with this calculated field is that the Time Between is incorrect.

It will show "days" as long as the range is 1 - 25 days.

Then on day 26, it shows as "a month" which it isn't a month. 30 or 31 days days is a month. This seems to be a bug.

It would be great if it just showed the amount of DAYS and didn't do this month, year, etc. It doesn't really help and make things more complicated 😞

Screen Capture on 2023-02-04 at 01-30-59.gif

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @chrisbrisson  thanks for sharing 😊

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
shayam
Participant

SOLVE

I am having a very similar issue trying to calculate a value using a value returned bt the "time between" function. Can you help?

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @shayam,

Thanks for reaching out!

May I ask if you can create a new post that includes details on the issue you are running into and any screenshots and examples of this issue? By creating a new post, this will ensure that your post gets visibility among our community members. 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !