CRM

LNRobertson
Participant

Why is my influenced contacts metric greater than unique opens?

SOLVE

Why are my influenced contacts metric greater than unique opens? I feel influenced contacts should be a smaller contact count. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LNRobertson,

You're very welcome!

I understand where you are coming from there, that makes complete sense 😊

Thank you for the feedback and for explaining how you made this conclusion.

If you have any questions regarding the linked documentation, please don't hesitate to reach out! 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
LNRobertson
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, I see. Thank you! Wouldn't it make more sense to call the metric "Influenced Instances" or something to that nature? To me, "Influenced Contacts" insinuates unique contacts influenced and not an aggregate of all the activity from the campaign, possibly multiple instances per person. I think that's what confused me. 

kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LNRobertson,

You're very welcome!

I understand where you are coming from there, that makes complete sense 😊

Thank you for the feedback and for explaining how you made this conclusion.

If you have any questions regarding the linked documentation, please don't hesitate to reach out! 

Best,

Kristen

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LNRobertson,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to refer you to this help article which explains the definitions of influenced contacts in addition to this help article on analyzing marketing email performance.

Influenced contacts: Contacts that engaged with one or more assets that are associated with the campaign. For example, they may have submitted a form to a page associated with the campaign

Unique opens for HubSpot are calculated per individual marketing email. For example, if you send me an email and I open it 3 times, the total opens would be 3, but unique opens would just be 1 for my single email.

It is possible that the influenced contacts may have interacted with more than one asset associated with your campaign which would make this number greater than the unique opens since the opens are associated with a single marketing email. 

If you believe this number is inaccurate after reviewing the referenced help docs, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription. They will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this.

Best,

Kristen