CRM

Rochelley

Why is my contact import failing or returning an error?

SOLVE

Hello, 

Can someone help me help why is my contact import failing or returning an error? I have tried several times but same error response pop up.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @Rochelley. This information is available from the imports screen. Mouse over the import in question, and choose the "Download error file" option from the import. Each errored row in the import will contain a brief description of why the error occurred. 

Sometimes, contacts are imported successfully, but values aren't written - maybe it's a mismatching picklist value, or text in a number field, or something like that. Those will indicate a "warning" in the error text. Rows where you see "error" indicate a contact was not imported successfully, usually due to an invalid email address, or an error in configuring the .csv. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 11.02.35 AM.png

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
pma1145

SOLVE

I am having a lot of problems trying to import my contacts, they were saved to a .csv file from Outlook BCM. I have about 2000 contacts that are formatted exactly the same, but only 68 actually downloaded the first time, now I am getting no error messages but none of my other contacts are importing.  I would love to move away from Salesforce into Hubspot, but if I can't get my contacts into Hubspot, it would be useless.

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @Rochelley. This information is available from the imports screen. Mouse over the import in question, and choose the "Download error file" option from the import. Each errored row in the import will contain a brief description of why the error occurred. 

Sometimes, contacts are imported successfully, but values aren't written - maybe it's a mismatching picklist value, or text in a number field, or something like that. Those will indicate a "warning" in the error text. Rows where you see "error" indicate a contact was not imported successfully, usually due to an invalid email address, or an error in configuring the .csv. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 11.02.35 AM.png

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
Webwarrior
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks 

0 Upvotes
Webwarrior
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Rcohelley,

I have attached a link. I hope it can help you https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/KCS_Article/Contacts/Why-is-my-contact-import-failing-or-retu...

Cheers

0 Upvotes