Why are my Company names automatically being updated?

howardmarxb
Participant

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @howardmarxb

When you look at the history of the Company Name field, what does it say is responsible for changing it? 

And by the way, is this the contact property 'Company Name' or the company property 'Name' we are talking about?

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
howardmarxb
Participant

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

Hi @howardmarxb

Ok, so its the company property we are talking about - cool.

HubSpot insights is sometimes great, sometimes not. 

Do you have 'Automatically create and associate company with contacts' turned on? If so, you might operate better with it turned off as this is when HubSpot first uses insights to set the company name. 

If you set, or change an account name before HubSpot insights, insights should not then overwrite it, I am told. 

Automatically create and associate companies with contacts

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
howardmarxb
Participant

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

Hi @howardmarxb

In response to your questions:

I mean that:

• if you create an account manually and enter it's name, insights should not overwrite that
  • If HubSpot creates the account and populates the name from insights, and you overwrite that, HubSpot should not change it back or update it in the future.

Company name is not 'network-wide' and the name of a company in one portal does not affect the name in another. Insights, meanwhile, sources data from a single thirdparty database, so the information is shared, but not updated by HubSpot users. 

I hope this is becoming clearer. 

0 Upvotes
howardmarxb
Participant

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

Hi @howardmarxb

I'm really at a loss as to what is happening. If you want to invite me on to your portal, I can take a look and see if I can identify the source of the issue. I'll PM you the details. 

Thanks, Phil.