CRM

SimonME
Participant

Why are all sales activities appearing in my deal timeline?

Résolue

Hi, 

We have a problem with the timelines appearing under our deals. Some of the items being shown (e.g. a logged call or a meeting) are not related to that particular deal. Why are they being displayed there?

It seems like this only happens when we associate a deal with a company and I guess it pulls in other items relating to that company, but that's really not the behaviour we want.

Is there a setting to change this or am I overlooking something else?

Thanks

1 Solution acceptée
roisinkirby
Solution
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Résolue

Hey @CroDragon @SimonME ...apologies for the delay here

I ran this question through the HubSpot Knowledge base:

All emails, calls, notes, tasks, scheduled meetings, and logged activities on the Associated Contact and Company records will appear on the deal timeline.

Note: All contact emails, calls, and logged activities will also appear on the record of the Associated Company. If you have a Company associated with the Deal, you may see activities on the deal timeline for contacts that are not associated with the deal due to the company-contact association. 

...so to confirm the behaviors you are both describing are the tool working as designed. If you have feedback for the Product Team then I'd encourage you to post/vote on the Ideas Forum, with details of how this feature impacts your use of the tool.

PRODUCT UPDATE: 

CC: @SimonME @Kmoloo @A2Ben @scotteza @BeccaArmistead

The ability to associate activities (notes, one to one emails, calls, meetings) with deals is now In Beta. So that, rather than having every activity roll up from associated contacts and companies to deals, users can now choose which deals each activity should be attached to.

As an added bonus, deal properties based on activities (e.g. last contacted, last modified) will now update based on activities associated with the deal from contact and company records.

When logging or executing an activity on a contact, company, or deal record --- leaving a note, writing an email, making a call, logging an activity, creating a task, or scheduling a meeting --- you’ll have a new association bar to work with:

The tags in this new association bar denote where the activity will appear. If you associate a call with the contact “Andrea Tarrell” and the company “Configero” this call will only appear in the timeline for those two records. Using the dropdowns and X icons, you add/remove records that are associated with the record you are currently on.

These features are currently in a private beta, once live they will be available to all customers. Stay tuned to notifications in your HubSpot account and here on our product updates blog.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

17 Réponses
Kmoloo
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Elite
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Elite

Résolue

This is an issue for our clients as well who have multiple deals associated with the same company.  When different sales reps are working these different deals, it convolutes the timleine to have each others activities with contacts show up--especially when said contacts aren't even associated with the respective deals.

This topic should be marked as 'unsolved.'

SimonME
Participant

Résolue

bump

CroDragon
Contributeur

Résolue

I'm glad I found this post because I was going to open a question on this exact topic. 
In our case we have a person (partner) that is involved with a lot of deals so he is associated with all those deals and companies. 

Our problem is that ALL email conversations with this particular contact show on all deals which means all email conversations that are NOT related to a specific deal show on the deal's timeline. That clutters the timeline and there's no way to filter irrelevant conversations out. 

roisinkirby
Solution

Résolue

Hey @CroDragon @SimonME ...apologies for the delay here

I ran this question through the HubSpot Knowledge base:

All emails, calls, notes, tasks, scheduled meetings, and logged activities on the Associated Contact and Company records will appear on the deal timeline.

Note: All contact emails, calls, and logged activities will also appear on the record of the Associated Company. If you have a Company associated with the Deal, you may see activities on the deal timeline for contacts that are not associated with the deal due to the company-contact association. 

...so to confirm the behaviors you are both describing are the tool working as designed. If you have feedback for the Product Team then I'd encourage you to post/vote on the Ideas Forum, with details of how this feature impacts your use of the tool.

PRODUCT UPDATE: 

CC: @SimonME @Kmoloo @A2Ben @scotteza @BeccaArmistead

The ability to associate activities (notes, one to one emails, calls, meetings) with deals is now In Beta. So that, rather than having every activity roll up from associated contacts and companies to deals, users can now choose which deals each activity should be attached to.

As an added bonus, deal properties based on activities (e.g. last contacted, last modified) will now update based on activities associated with the deal from contact and company records.

When logging or executing an activity on a contact, company, or deal record --- leaving a note, writing an email, making a call, logging an activity, creating a task, or scheduling a meeting --- you’ll have a new association bar to work with:

The tags in this new association bar denote where the activity will appear. If you associate a call with the contact “Andrea Tarrell” and the company “Configero” this call will only appear in the timeline for those two records. Using the dropdowns and X icons, you add/remove records that are associated with the record you are currently on.

These features are currently in a private beta, once live they will be available to all customers. Stay tuned to notifications in your HubSpot account and here on our product updates blog.

andygould
Contributeur

Résolue

Why not add a filter for teams? Customer support interactions and sales interactions can be segmented easily then. 

0 Votes
travishoge
Participant

Résolue

Offering the other side of this argument...

Since this has now been changed, I would actually LIKE all contact activity to pull through into each deal they are associated with. It's now a few extra clicks and steps to be able to view all of the history with that particular contact, when looking at a deal.

I'd like to see a toggle in the settings somewhere, that allows us to show/hide all contact activity from the deal pages. This way, these people who don't want that info shown can toggle it off, and people like me who want it in sight can toggle it on. I will submit an idea for this as well.

A2Ben
Contributeur

Résolue

Thank you, Róisín. This answers the question but I've got to say that this default functionality is really problematic. In our case we might have 10 or more active deals with one customer. Thus, the timeline is virtually unusable because we can't really see the history log for any one of those deals so we can't tell what's happened before, promises we've made, etc.

Simplemo
Membre

Résolue

Would be lovely if the deals could filter out notes, tasks meetings, etc. that do not pertain with the deal.

CroDragon
Contributeur

Résolue

Thanks @roisinkirby. I found an existing thread on this topic on the ideas forum and replied. 

Hopefully someone from HubSpot will take it into a consideration. 

roisinkirby

Résolue

Thanks @CroDragon - could you link the idea post below? I know several other members, @hesloppy@adam_s and @gilfewster had several related questions. 

CroDragon
Contributeur

Résolue
A2Ben
Contributeur

Résolue

Where can I find this request so I can upvote it? The link just leads to the master request list.

scotteza
Participant

Résolue

Same here, did you manage to find the link?

A2Ben
Contributeur

Résolue

OK, I found it. Check this link.

Ben

scotteza
Participant

Résolue

Great, thanks. I seconded your comment on the idea thread 🙂

0 Votes
A2Ben
Contributeur

Résolue

Thanks! It would be great to see movement on it.

0 Votes
BeccaArmistead
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Definitely upvote the idea post if you'd like to see that functionality, but also check out parent/child relationships. This is a good way to workaround ALL contact/company information logging to ALL associated deals - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/companies/how-can-i-add-a-parent-or-child-company...