CRM

serenecream

Wholesale and Retail Sales

SOLVE

Hi there, I'm very new to this, so apologise if this is a silly question.  I have two branches to my business - I have wholesale customers (stockists) and then retail customers (from my website, social media etc) - I want to import my contacts but I would like to see these two customer lists separately.  Is there a way I can do that?

Many thanks

Debbie

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
aabergkvist
Solution
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @serenecream

Scenario 1: You are not using marketing starter or above

Since you don't have access to lists on the CRM itself, I'd use a simple prefix to the name when you import the contact list. Example: "[W] ContactFirst Contact Last"
This way, you can search for [W] and the result will be the wholesale customers you have. 

Scenario 2: You are using marketing starter or above

Create a column called "Customer Type" or similar in your spreadsheet and in your CRM as a dropdown with "Wholesale Customers" & "Retail Customers" as the alternatives. Then import it into the CRM and map the spreadsheet column to the correct Custom Field you've created. 

Hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
aabergkvist
Solution
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @serenecream

Scenario 1: You are not using marketing starter or above

Since you don't have access to lists on the CRM itself, I'd use a simple prefix to the name when you import the contact list. Example: "[W] ContactFirst Contact Last"
This way, you can search for [W] and the result will be the wholesale customers you have. 

Scenario 2: You are using marketing starter or above

Create a column called "Customer Type" or similar in your spreadsheet and in your CRM as a dropdown with "Wholesale Customers" & "Retail Customers" as the alternatives. Then import it into the CRM and map the spreadsheet column to the correct Custom Field you've created. 

Hope that helps! 

0 Upvotes
serenecream

SOLVE

Thank you - still learning the basics but I think I have figured it out.

0 Upvotes