CRM

gil100
Colaborador líder

Who created each contact

resolver

Is there a way to track who and how many contacts each sales person created? it doesn't look like Hubspot has a field for it, but I might be missing something.

2 Soluciones aceptadas
lgil
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Who created each contact

resolver

Hi Everyone! 

I have found this idea a customer submitted for a "created by" property to be created in HubSpot. Please go to the idea and upvote it! The more upvotes an idea post has, the better the likelihood of it getting implemented 🙂

Thank you!

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

Who created each contact

resolver

Hi @gil100,

There is now a "Created by user ID" field on all record types!

To find the ID of a user (it's not their name), navigate to Settings > Users & Teams. Click on the user and copy the ID from the URL that's now showing in the address bar of your browser:

https://app.hubspot.com/settings/PORTAL_ID/users/editUser/USER_ID

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

24 Respuestas 24
gil100
Colaborador líder

Who created each contact

resolver

I'm afraid adding additional manual fields for the sales guys to add (plus it kinda misses the purpose of automation everything). We already have various manual fields adding new one is not a great option

ACTION
Participante

Who created each contact

resolver

I am in the same boat as Gil100. I understand that a Created By field for all records, particularly Contacts, Companies, and Deals should be a field that is automatically created and saved by the Hubspot platform.  Surely the system stamps this information somewhere like the CREATE DATE field, so I presume visibility only needs to be made available on the platform for users to select to show in the properties. 

I really enjoy using Hubspot and am promoting it quite a lot to others I speak with. However, this is one of the functions the tool appears to be missing, as it is a function most other CRMs provide. 

I hope that Hubspot considers opening this functionality to users, for I am sure we are not the only ones affected. Honestly, I am surprised this was the only thread I could find on the matter. I bet there exists another thread including the same request for COMPANIES and DEALs.

Thanks,

SMidili
Participante

Who created each contact

resolver

I agree with the above posts.  We need a field to see who added a contact.  Mostly because people sometimes do not fill out the contact information correctly.  For example a contact was created with only an email address.  No other property was filled out for the contact.  everyone has received training on the system.  People make mistakes.  We need to be able to go to the person and show them their misstep.  

Please add this feature.  It should automatically be populated.

gil100
Colaborador líder

Who created each contact

resolver

That was the only thing I could find, but in the case of inside sales that hand off contacts to outside sales, the owner will not be an accurate indication, unless I guess if I could have been able to track the original owner...