HubSpot Ideas

shaneshown92

BUILD A NEXT BUTTON!

We just need a list with a button that goes, "Next contact" -> user experience workflow should be fairly obvious. We all want a button that doesn't require us to park, back up, and then drive forward every single time. That doesn't make sense. That's a lot of clicks. Reduce the amount of clicks to get to the next action item. An ML feature that can predict a users behaviour would eventually be an awesome premium feature. If you need an ML team on a contract basis, let me know! 

38 Replies
georgealistair
Participant

I want a Next Contact or Next Company button really badly. Is there such a thing on Hubspot? I go through my companies and contacts personally and need to go through them in an organized fashion. In my last CRM, I'd click Next to get to the next contact or preferably the next company. In Hubspot, I either need to open multiple tabs and flip between them, or click back to my company list and pick the next company down, etc.

It's a list. I want to go to the Next Company or the Next Contact on the list. Is there such a button? 

edjusten
HubSpot Employee

HI. @georgealistair  Next  buttons do not exist in the CRM.  Great suggestion though. Can you add this as a post to our ideas forum for further comment?

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@georgealistair while there is no next button, you can get that functionality by putting all of the records you're working with in a task queue. You would have to create tasks for each record, but the task queue does give the "next" functionality. 

Hope that helps! 

corlisscylee

This seems like such a basic feature. Having this next button would definitely help so much! 

DannyJames

I think hubspot is really incredible so far but this is one of those things that can make this software very very limiting.  Ive got to be honest here for someone paying as much as i am now for a new software you would think makeing a simple next button would be easy enough and for my business this is a huge problem.  Make a next button and have it as an option please.

shaneshown92

I genuinelyl don't know how this isn't a feature yet...it's been a request for 3 years, but hasn't been made? This is extremely expensive and a time suck for my sales reps. They're non-stop complaining about it. They're resorting to building google spreadsheets to make their life "faster" which is counterintuative. 

AtelloPres

Hi Hubspot team, 

Seeing as this enhancement was requested three years ago, do you listen or care about customer feedback? A simple "Next button" would be a simple and valuable enhancement.

I'm just bringing our organization onto Hubspot, but seeing this is discouraging.

davidjackson

Pretty annoying that three years have passed with no next button for deals, contacts, or companies. The CRM needs so much work. 

gregbuyshomes

Let me add another vote. Without the basic NEXT button I'll probably switch to another CRM. Anyone that uses the CRM for outbound calls needs this.
Greg

jfranks
Participant

come on Hubspot this is such as basis feature any news on this? it was first suggested back in 2017 and is so obviously going to save everyone a bunch of time!!!

PZ4

This is really is such a basic feature and very critical for productivity. Could you please prioritize this?

PZ4

This is a basic but critical feature for sales productivity. Any update?

KHiggins2

No next button?  Such a time waster especially once you sort the customers/contacts and have to start over again. Next is that hard??

jlnovotny
Participant

Definitely want this idea to be a feature! Our last CRM, which was so outdated and not user-friendly, even had this. 

dsavage
Participant

I would be happy with a simple keyboard shortcut to move to the next record. 
This should apply to all objects (contact, company, deal, task, etc..) and lists. 

jfranks
Participant

any update hubspot? this is such an obvious way to save your customers time

egogz

Would love to have this basic feature to increase productivity!

NWeiksner

Definitely need this -- easy add and so critical to workflow

jfranks
Participant

related to this "next button" post, there was this post which hubspot seem to have archived:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Where-s-the-Next-Button/m-p/391730

Moses from Hubspot live chat tells me it might be because they are working on it:

jfranks_0-1652457018915.png

jfranks
Participant

Fast forward two months still no change. Hubspot please update us here, this is such an obvious improvement!!!