CRM

danny2327
Colaborador

When switching between lists, the page number is cached, and not reset - bug

I think I may have found a little bug in the lists section.  Basically when you are on a multi page list, and go to say, page 4, and then click 'Back to lists', and open up a totally different list, it will start at page 4 if it exists.  If it does not exist, it will show no results.  If there is more than one page of results on this second list, you will see the page controls and be able to switch, but if there is only one page worth of results, it just does not show up at all. 

I have confirmed that going from a list on page 4, to a list with only 2 pages, that it is actually page 4 that is cached, as I have to hit 'Prev' twice and then it shows up as being on page 2. 

I have tried this in FF and Chrome, in incognito, so it's not a caching issue.  Happy to demonstrate/provide more info if needed. 

0 Me gusta
4 Respuestas 4
JessicaH
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

Hi @danny2327,

Do you mind sharing more about your current set up and what your end goal is? 

The more information, screenshots and examples you can provide the better the Community can assist!

Take care!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

danny2327
Colaborador

Ok, well I've included some redacted screenshots below. 

listbug1.png

In the first step, I am on the fourth page of a list with 161 contacts.

listbug2.PNG

I literally just click Back to lists.

listbug3.png

After clicking back to lists, I have opened a second list, with 71 contacts, ie 2 pages. Notice how it shows the pagify options at the bottom, but neither is highlighted, and no contacts show up.

listbug4.png

I have hit the prev button (highlighted in the previous image) exactly two times, and only now do any contacts show up.  Note that the page view is showing the 2nd page, and based on my sorting preference, the contacts displayed tell me this is correct.

Obviously this is not the desired behaviour.  When you go to a new list, I would expect it to be on the first page. 

This particular list was cloned from the first one, but I also tested this with a different unrelated list and the behaviour is the exact same, so it's not that. 

Can anyone else confirm this is something they can reproduce? 

Having worked with SPAs (Single Page Applications) before, my guess is that this is because the page variable is not being reset when clicking back to lists.  

0 Me gusta
JessicaH
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

Hi @danny2327,

Thanks for providing screenshots.

Does the same happen in different browsers and an incognito window?

Does clearing the browser cache change anything?

Take care!

Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta
danny2327
Colaborador

Hi Jessica,
To let you know I have gone ahead and did the chat with support (Brianna), who were very quickly able to recreate the issue, and escalate it as a bug.
Thanks,