CRM

ASchultz4

When a contact unsubscribes????

SOLVE

When a contact unsubscribes from an email that is sent out in a campaign does it unsubscribe them in all future emails or just the future emails in that specific campaign?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ASchultz4,

This depends, if they unsubscribe from all email, HubSpot will automatically exclude them from all emails in the future.

If they click on the "Manage preferences" link at the end of one of your emails and unsubscribe from a specific subscription type (e.g. "Marketing information"), they are potentially still eligible for emails from you – just not emails sent with the "Marketing information" subscription type. (The subscription type is something that you always select in the Settings tab of the email editor.) In that case HubSpot will only exclude them from emails sent with this subscription type.

More info here: Manage your contacts' email subscriptions

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ASchultz4 ,

If someone has opted out of your emails. Then he/she has unsubscribed from all your marketing emails and you cannot send any further emails to them until and unless a resubscribe email needs to be sent.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
ASchultz4

SOLVE

Thank you!  I was hoping it would just unscubscribe them from that campaign but I think we have just unscubscribe instead of manage preferences so that may help.  Thanks

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ASchultz4,

This depends, if they unsubscribe from all email, HubSpot will automatically exclude them from all emails in the future.

If they click on the "Manage preferences" link at the end of one of your emails and unsubscribe from a specific subscription type (e.g. "Marketing information"), they are potentially still eligible for emails from you – just not emails sent with the "Marketing information" subscription type. (The subscription type is something that you always select in the Settings tab of the email editor.) In that case HubSpot will only exclude them from emails sent with this subscription type.

More info here: Manage your contacts' email subscriptions

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ssrussy
Contributor | Gold Partner
Contributor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ASchultz4Unsubscribed contacts are automatically removed from future campaigns until they opt back in or are manually added again. Here's hoping it was helpful 🙂

ASchultz4

SOLVE

Thank you!  I was hoping it was only from that campaign 😁

0 Upvotes