CRM

ctkitchen
Colaborador(a)

What triggers email opens?

resolver

free verion CRM and mobile

chrome and iphone XS

Interesting situations: 

A) I have received 79 notifications that a tracked email has been open. For the first time I sent to look at the email and it appears to be the email he sent me.  I rpomise the email is not that intereting to be opened excessively.

B) I received a notification last night that I opened an email I send myself from the same email. It did not happen.

What triggers these opens? 

Thanks.

@jennysowyrda 

1 Solução aceita
matthodkinson
Solução
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

resolver

Hi @ctkitchen 

We get this question a lot from our clients, and we've witnessed odd email tracking behaviour ourselves. As HubSpot mention in this help article... 

"HubSpot tracks email opens by inserting an invisible image into every email you send. When that image is loaded, HubSpot knows that the email was opened and an open notification is triggered. If the email is forwarded, this will result in multiple opens. Due to privacy and security concerns around tracking who exactly an email is forwarded to, HubSpot Sales defaults to telling you that the original sender opened the email again."

The open attribution (you vs recipient) seems far from perfect, which is the only explanation for your random notification. 

Not much of a solution, I admit, but hopefully helps explain the behaviour.

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
SGray91
Membro

resolver

I am finding that the activity report on my Hubspot app is telling me that the recipient has opened my email when in fact it is myself (the Sender). Why is that when it is supposed to tell me how often and at what times it has been opened. Can the recipient, if also on huspot, see the number of times I have opened the emal?? If so, what is the point of tracking??

0 Avaliação positiva
matthodkinson
Solução

resolver

Hi @ctkitchen 

We get this question a lot from our clients, and we've witnessed odd email tracking behaviour ourselves. As HubSpot mention in this help article... 

"HubSpot tracks email opens by inserting an invisible image into every email you send. When that image is loaded, HubSpot knows that the email was opened and an open notification is triggered. If the email is forwarded, this will result in multiple opens. Due to privacy and security concerns around tracking who exactly an email is forwarded to, HubSpot Sales defaults to telling you that the original sender opened the email again."

The open attribution (you vs recipient) seems far from perfect, which is the only explanation for your random notification. 

Not much of a solution, I admit, but hopefully helps explain the behaviour.

ctkitchen
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Thank you.

0 Avaliação positiva