CRM

RoshanLMC
Participant

What should I do with won deals? Delete them?

SOLVE

Our small business runs on schools semesters, my thinking is to run a pipeline for each sales cycle/school semester, though I am not sure if this is the right approach as I don't know what to do with the following... 

• Won deals
  • Lost deals 
  • Old pipelines for previous sales cycles. 

I realise I may have misunderstood the concept of pipelines and deals, any help will be greatly appreciated. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RoshanLMC 

- Close date - yes, this should be the date on which the deal was closed won, not when the agreement expires. If you need to store an expiry date, create a custom field for that

- When a deal is up for renewal, in most cases I would recommend creating a new deal. You can use the property Deal Type to differentiate between new and existing business. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @RoshanLMC 

There are lots of ways to use pipelines and nothing is 'wrong' necessarily. 

I would need to know more about your use case to be 100% sure but I wouldn't normally recommend creating new pipelines for new timeframes or closed deads - won or lost. 

Normally it would be better to use the create and close dates to customise your view of your deals so that you only see ones that are relevant to you now. 

For example, you can filter our all closed deals with a close date of last semester and save that view as your default. 

More info on creating views here: Create, customize, and manage your saved views 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
RoshanLMC
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Phil, using close dates makes more sense now. 

However, I am still a little confused on what we do for the following use cases when we have won the deal:

- Close date - Should we mark this as when the deal was closed on when the term of the deal is expiring i.e. for a 1 year deal should I then set the deal to close 1 year from now

- When that deal is up for renewal, should I reopen the deal or create a new deal?

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @RoshanLMC 

- Close date - yes, this should be the date on which the deal was closed won, not when the agreement expires. If you need to store an expiry date, create a custom field for that

- When a deal is up for renewal, in most cases I would recommend creating a new deal. You can use the property Deal Type to differentiate between new and existing business. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes