CRM

JeffreyL

What's the difference between deals and tickets?

SOLVE

Hi all, 

I've done some searching but I can't really find the answer. I'm still rather new to HS and I'm trying to setup an extended workflow where we setup a flow after a sales is completed. 

I'm now considering using either tickets or making a new deal for this. 

Which brings me to the question: what's the difference between deals and tickets?

I see a lot of overlap between the 2. I understand one is more for sales, the other more for support but the UI gives me the idea that they're very similar and so I'm looking for some best practise suggestions to understand the limitations in regards to my goal.

Hope that anyone can give some clarity to allow me to choose. 
Thanks in adance!!

1 Accepted solution
himanshurauthan
Solution
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello @JeffreyL 

Welcome and congrats on your start with HubSpot for inbound marketing and sales.

The deals and tickets both are powerful objects in the CRM but have different usage and purpose. Deals are generally used for sales tracking and revenue forecasting. It enables you to track each sale from start to end with all actions that your prospects take. So in short we can say the Deals are for pre-sale tools. On other hand, Tickets are for providing post-purchase services to your customer in order to improve on your customer service and experience.

So what I will suggest you here to go for Deals Based Workflows here. Make your sales pipeline and deal stages as such that it meets your sales needs and on every important step that your prospect and sales team take, forward your deal to next stages and at last when a sale is done, mark the deal as won.

In your workflow, you can use form-submissions/update in a contact property/update in a deal property as a decision making steps so that your deals keep moving in the sales pipeline.

In case, you have any doubt in any step I would like to explain and help more.

Thankyou

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
himanshurauthan
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @JeffreyL 

Welcome and congrats on your start with HubSpot for inbound marketing and sales.

The deals and tickets both are powerful objects in the CRM but have different usage and purpose. Deals are generally used for sales tracking and revenue forecasting. It enables you to track each sale from start to end with all actions that your prospects take. So in short we can say the Deals are for pre-sale tools. On other hand, Tickets are for providing post-purchase services to your customer in order to improve on your customer service and experience.

So what I will suggest you here to go for Deals Based Workflows here. Make your sales pipeline and deal stages as such that it meets your sales needs and on every important step that your prospect and sales team take, forward your deal to next stages and at last when a sale is done, mark the deal as won.

In your workflow, you can use form-submissions/update in a contact property/update in a deal property as a decision making steps so that your deals keep moving in the sales pipeline.

In case, you have any doubt in any step I would like to explain and help more.

Thankyou

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
AllyRRS
Contributor

SOLVE

I found this really helpful and rather than start a new thread hope that you can help me. If I need to start a new thread, please let me know. 

I started a new threadhttps://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Help-with-understand-Deals-and-going-forwards/m-p/305543#M11695... but couldn't delete this one. 

0 Upvotes
JeffreyL

SOLVE

Hi Himanshu,

Thanks for your reply and explanation on the difference between the 2. We've opted to go for the deal based workflow as you suggested. 

Let's see how that goes.