CRM

SAArts
Teilnehmer/-in

What is the best option to import companies with same domain or no domain?

lösung

I am importing company and contact data into HubSpot. Almost half of the company names on my list are missing domain names. To prevent duplicate company name creation, I plan to import these no-domain company records first. I will use the unique IDs generated for these companies to upload the associated contact; I am hoping this will prevent the system from creating multiple company records. Question 1: Is that the best way available to create contact records for companies without emails?

Next, I have multiple records where the company name and company domain are the same, but the location is different (Branch Offices). In some cases, the company name might be slightly different, but the website is the same. I tried a test upload to see if the system would accept such an upload. It only allowed one record per domain and rejected all others.

Some old posts on this forum suggest creating fake domains for each of these branch offices and then using parent-child relationships to connect them to a single company. I do not wish to enter any incorrect information in the system.

Question 2: How do I bypass the error caused by having the same website on different company records while importing data?

That brings me to my third and final question, How can I mass update parent-child relationships on uploaded data?

Question 3: I have over 3000 company records, and a sizeable number of these are parent-child relationships (same websites). Assuming I do end up finding a way to upload all the company info correctly, is it possible to mass-update the child records with their parent ID through a CSV import? I couldn't find any knowledgebase articles describing the process.

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
AnnieRECIPE
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Platinum Partner

lösung

Hi Zeus! 

To help here, it would be good to understand this use case better. 

Question 1: Is that the best way available to create contact records for companies without emails?

> If there's no contact associated to a company, what's the purpose of having the company record inside the CRM? i.e what's the outcome you want to achieve with having company records loaded if there's no associated contact record and corresponding email address you can use to communicate with them? 

> Or do you mean there is a contact record with an email address, but the company record has no domain? If this is the case, here's how you can use the email address column to create a domain column and solve your problem with a few quick clicks 🙂 

https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/1271-excel-extract-domain-from-email-address.html 

Question 2 

> Do you have access to workflows in the HubSpot you're using? i.e. are you on Marketing Pro or above? There are some different options here, but the best solution will depend on the plan you have access to. 

Question 3 

> It's not currently possible to import companies to a parent-child relationship at the time <see FAQ's here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/companies/how-can-i-add-a-parent-or-child-company-to-an-existing-compa...>. 

If you can come back on those questions, we may be able to help a bit more 🙂 

Found my solution helpful? Please mark it as accepted below 🙂

Annie Swann

Head Coach

RECIPE marketing

emailAddress
annie@recipemarketing.co.nz
website
www.recipemarketing.co.nz
address
9 Huron Street, Takapuna, Auckland

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten
AnnieRECIPE
Lösung

lösung

Hi Zeus! 

To help here, it would be good to understand this use case better. 

Question 1: Is that the best way available to create contact records for companies without emails?

> If there's no contact associated to a company, what's the purpose of having the company record inside the CRM? i.e what's the outcome you want to achieve with having company records loaded if there's no associated contact record and corresponding email address you can use to communicate with them? 

> Or do you mean there is a contact record with an email address, but the company record has no domain? If this is the case, here's how you can use the email address column to create a domain column and solve your problem with a few quick clicks 🙂 

https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/1271-excel-extract-domain-from-email-address.html 

Question 2 

> Do you have access to workflows in the HubSpot you're using? i.e. are you on Marketing Pro or above? There are some different options here, but the best solution will depend on the plan you have access to. 

Question 3 

> It's not currently possible to import companies to a parent-child relationship at the time <see FAQ's here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/companies/how-can-i-add-a-parent-or-child-company-to-an-existing-compa...>. 

If you can come back on those questions, we may be able to help a bit more 🙂 

Found my solution helpful? Please mark it as accepted below 🙂

Annie Swann

Head Coach

RECIPE marketing

emailAddress
annie@recipemarketing.co.nz
website
www.recipemarketing.co.nz
address
9 Huron Street, Takapuna, Auckland
sharonlicari
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hey @SAArts 

Thank you for the detailed information. I'll tag a few experts to see how they managed these types of situations.

Hey @KadyJWhite @AnnieRECIPE @ErinStudstill could you please share your thoughts with @SAArts

Thank you & Happy Friday 

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes