What do you think of HubSpot CRM's new look?

HubSpot Product Team

This week, your HubSpot CRM is getting a fresh new look! Learn more about the redesign here

As you get up and running on the new design, we'd love to hear your feedback --- please leave any ideas, comments, or questions in the thread below.

41 Replies 41
Occasional Contributor

The dashboard initially had a sleek easy to read interface that gave me what I needed to understand my team's overall activity for the past week , in under 3 seconds upon loading my browser.

All I ever needed was to see, how many people were contacted (by either phone or email), how many deals closed and how much was the total for, my life use to be so easy under the old dashboard.

The new dashboard however over-complicates this matter by spacing out and breaking out the old "pipeline" and productivity summaries into un-necasarry and rather harder to read/digest information. In some worse case scenerios the business makers at Hubspot made the "new dashboard" require you to pay for parts of reporting that was initially free. Honestly the fancy CSS styling by the developers and graphs is overkill and honestly not a move foward.

See pics below to see my point .... WTF...

old dashboard.pngOLD - DASHBOARD

new.pngNEW DASHBOARD

Occasional Contributor

Nice, clean look, but when setting up a sequence, I see my email signature rather than the top of the email. 

Visitor
Gerardo Aguilar Rodrigues
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

It’s nice and clean. Though, here two comments:

1. There is still a lot of white space on the left and right that could be used to display information. I was expecting more whitespacing like announced by the screenshot of Charlotte Arrowood in your blog post. And in vertical, in my opinion there is too much distance between the entries in the timeline history which is forcing the user to scroll more.
  2. It would be great if the WYSIWYG-Editor offers more flexibility such as basic fonts like Arial and entering HTML code - similar to this community editor I’am using for writing this post.
Occasional Contributor

I second Lola's suggestions for a "night view".

New Contributor

We are having issues with not being able to change font colors when adding notes. That seems to have been removed. It is important for our workflow. 

Also, there is too much white space between items on the left now. You have to sroll a lot more. It might help to have a little more contrast to distunguish sections a bit better.

Occasional Contributor

There's some great new additions. However, the white space is a bit much and makes reading the information a little difficult. Some difference between the input fields and the background would make it easier to navigate visually.

The "About Client" field, it's hard to tell where each field for data input is, and I have to unintuitively click on the text of the field (ex. Contact Number) rather than the space beneath. 

I'd love the ability to darken the font on the page, or increase the font size, as it's a bit difficult to read at this time.

Occasional Contributor

We are experiencing issues with the Contacts view since the redesign.

1) long URLS and longer bits of text overlap accross columns rather than merely being hidden 'behind' - this makes it difficult to read the neighbouring columnCapture.PNG

(you can see here how the company URL is 'seeping in to the neighbouring column)

2) Related (?) to 1, you can't change column width, which you could before.

3) Preview of contact is now not working - you click preview button but nothing happens (this initially was fine, but seems to not be working now)

4) I use multiple columns being viewed, and often need to scroll horizontally. Currently your horizontal slider is all the way a the bottom of the page, and you actually have to scroll the BROWSER window down to reach it.

Thanks!

Elisa

Regular Contributor

The left-hand areas (contact, company etc.) are looking a bit disimproved since you lately added horizontal lines to separate the properties. Now there are: 

• dotted lines which are appearing a bit old-fashioned
  • full lines as mouse-over annimation
  • another full line above the dotted line when editing2016-12-19 09_19_39_db_.png

To my mind this workaround for separation is very confusing. This was better in the former UI (property name on the left, content on the right, no annimation). 

The new design is nice and clean, but remember the Triple-F-Rule "Form follows function" :-) 

If you stay with the current view, please remove the dotted lines at least.  

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

There is a problem with the new task feature.  If you go to create tasks under the tasks tab (not by going to a company or deal) then the only option is to add a task in which you can add zero details.  The only way to add details is to create a task and after it is created you can go back and click on it again and then start adding details.  This is vert unintuitive and adds extra time.  In addition, if you realize you assigned the task to the wrong person and want to reassign the task, there is no "save" button at the bottom of that.  Therefore, I can not reassign the task, in fact it disappears.  Please fix this immediately.  This will cause a huge problem for my business.

Occasional Contributor

- We like that you have moved the "tick" for tasks in the timeline wich is far more easy to find.

- In the company or contact general view, the buttons on the top have a problem on Firefox (ok in Chrome)Capture d’écran 2016-12-20 à 11.20.09.png

- when setting properties, I will miss the "default property" icon wich helped a lot to have a quick overview of my settings

I hope the "settings" part of the site will change too...

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I like the changes but am finding the font hard to read against the white background.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Sadly, disappointing.  Is there a way to revert to the old format? There's much that I can no longer see - and I now only get four columns to a view.  Smiley Sad

Occasional Contributor

Hate the new view, layout and the fact you can hardly see the fields to edit.  Hate that i have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the contact page to get to my scroll bar to see the other column heading i have in my filtered view.  We need the option to revert back to the old display.  I see NOTHING i like about this new layout/design.  

While I like the new look, I'm extremely disappointed that I can no longer fully customize the time that sequenced emails go out. This was a big selling point for me as it made the emails look less like they were just being automated. However because I'm now forced onto 15-minute increments, it becomes increasingly more obvious that it's not a personalized email.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Very very annoying and productivity killing on the task page. Before we could easily edit tasks now there is a drop down menu to edit. Then we have to click edit. Also for tasks we have to set a reminder time and a task date rather then all in one. Another productivity killing option.

I liked hubspot because it was less complex then salesforce now its on the road to becoming salesforce light with an even worse user experience.

Untill these issues are fixed I need access to the old format. 

Visitor

Really not happy with the emil function in Contacts. The editor has been stripped down--why so few fonts and where is arial? Where is the text color?

Also, the formatting on my signature changes to double spaces. 

Occasional Contributor

It looks pretty but its killing my productivity 

Very very annoying and productivity killing on the task page. Before we could easily edit tasks now there is a drop down menu to edit. Then we have to click edit. Also for tasks we have to set a reminder time and a task date rather then all in one. Another productivity killing option.

I liked hubspot because it was less complex then salesforce now its on the road to becoming salesforce light with an even worse user experience.

Untill these issues are fixed I need access to the old format. 

Occasional Contributor

Another problem is that I can't edit the To field email now.

0 Upvotes
Visitor

It changes too frequently.  This new look copies strange characters in place of images. 

0 Upvotes
bf
New Contributor

Don't like it. Too much white space on my 13 inch Macbook Air.  Less information displayed. Have to scroll  up and down, left and right constantly. 

Is there a way to go back to the old interface? If aint't broken, don't fix it. 

Occasional Contributor

Usually, I'm pro-UI update. But in this case Hubspot...you missed the mark. Too much white space. Also, too fine of shades of grey for us that don't have $2k monitors. It looks all washed out and sometimes you can't even read the text since the shade of grey on the text is too light. Not enough contrast.

Have I given you enough free consulting now that you have abandoned  customer support for all us free users?

New Contributor

I've noticed the option to highlight text left in notes, call logs, ect. has been removed since the new interface rolled out here yesterday.

I found it very handy to color code my notes, making it much easier to navigate customer profiles and timelines.

Even better, would be to able to color code the cells, which are currently white, to a varity of color options. 

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks so much for the feedback! We absolutely hear you on this one - we're adding back the highlighting feature in notes and activities on contacts, companies, and deals. 

In terms of colour coding the cells, this is a super interesting idea. It's not on our immediate roadmap but we'll dig deeper into this idea in 2017.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 3.35.20 PM.pngDoesn't automatically select contact anymoreIt doesn't automatically add the contact anymore. Another new unessessary step

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Dear HubSpot,

I find this new format very difficult to read.  Both the font and the new shading make it difficult to quickly scan the account and get an idea of what has happened in each account to date.  I found that I spent about 3 times longer trying to read through everything and it has significantly decreased my productivity.  Is there any way that you can change the cascading style sheet back to the old version for me?  my email address is kmorehead@influencegrp.com and my phone # is 646-257-5688.

New Contributor

Please allow the user to change the font type and size for readability.

0 Upvotes
Visitor

The new task are horrible to work with! They are not sorted by time, the previous time entered is not saved, when you change the date it always starts from 12 a.m. The agenda view is also missing, which was nice.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY THE TASKS ARE NOT SORTED BY TIME. WTF

0 Upvotes