CRM

Rachel74
Contributor

What do you do with old deals that are assigned to deleted users?

SOLVE

We recently migrated to Hubspot CRM. I've had several users leave the company. I went to delete them as users, but realized they have numerous deals assigned to them. I will ask sales managers to reassign current and future deals to other salespeople. However, I have one for instance who has over 300 historical deals assigned to him. When I delete him, will it show that he was ever the deal owner (like a deactivated user or something) or will this cause all of the deals to be unassigned and leave us with no knowledge of who originally worked on them? I appreciate any advice anyone has!  Thank you!

*Note: I have the Professional Marketing stack, but the Free Sales CRM at this point.

Rachel 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dianalcont
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Rachel74 

This is a very common concern. But do not fear - the historical data will all remain in the contact/company/deal record. 

These records will not be appear as unassigned and, as you guessed, will show having an owner of: deactivated user. You can also filter folks for easier reassignment by contact owner is specific deactivated user and either create a list or view to work through them, bulk edit or use that parameter  as enrollment criteria for bulk reassignment in a workflow. 

The deals might have to be reassigned manually through filters and bulk edit or through a list import to update the deal owner field, because you definitely won't have deal based workflows available to you with the free sales tools. 

Here is a handy knowledge base article about bulk editing records: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-can-i-bulk-edit-contacts-companies-deals-or-tasks

Hope this helps!

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
dianalcont
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @Rachel74 

This is a very common concern. But do not fear - the historical data will all remain in the contact/company/deal record. 

These records will not be appear as unassigned and, as you guessed, will show having an owner of: deactivated user. You can also filter folks for easier reassignment by contact owner is specific deactivated user and either create a list or view to work through them, bulk edit or use that parameter  as enrollment criteria for bulk reassignment in a workflow. 

The deals might have to be reassigned manually through filters and bulk edit or through a list import to update the deal owner field, because you definitely won't have deal based workflows available to you with the free sales tools. 

Here is a handy knowledge base article about bulk editing records: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-can-i-bulk-edit-contacts-companies-deals-or-tasks

Hope this helps!

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »
Rachel74
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you! I was hoping that was the answer! Glad to know it will show deactivated as the user for the historical data. Yes, I've run into that trying to do workflows for my deals and realized we don't have access to that. Hopefully, someday we'll grow into the paid version. Thanks again for the help! I really appreciate it! 😊