CRM

ben_r

What are my limits with Sequences?

SOLVE

I seem to be limited to 5 emails in a Sequence but I can add a lot of tasks. Can someone explain what the limitations are of the sequences tool?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @ben_r, currently there is a 5 email limit in all Sequences, but you can add as many Task steps as you would like. For further information on the HubSpot Sales tool settings and limits, check out this knowledge article out. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @ben_r, currently there is a 5 email limit in all Sequences, but you can add as many Task steps as you would like. For further information on the HubSpot Sales tool settings and limits, check out this knowledge article out. Hope this helps!

Samantha_Alford
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @roisinkirby,

well there you go! I didn't know that about the 5 email limit on sequences. Thanks for sharing that. Just some feedback. I just took a look at the article you referenced and admittedly I'm looking through blurry eyes as I just woke up lol, and I can't see a reference to the 5 email limit in sequences. If it's not just my eyes, the article might need an update?

Cheers 🙂

Samantha Alford
Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @Samantha_Alford you're correct there is an addition needed to the article - thanks for the spot! That article sumarrises high level settings and limits. Another article that you might find helpful is this: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/is-there-a-limit-to-the-number-of-emails-th...

0 Upvotes
annegaslin
Contributor

SOLVE

@roisinkirby is there a limit to the total length of delays throughout a sequence?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @annegaslin,

The longest delay you can have is 12 weeks in sequences. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
glaurain
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @roisinkirby,

What can we do to get some eyes from the Product Development team on this HubSpot Idea?   It has 36 upvotes and is 18 months old.  It would be a very low level of effort to increase this from "5" to "10" or "20".  Not understanding why HubSpot has placed this arbitrary limitation on this and as many say in the thread below, it often takes more than 5 emails to get a prospect to respond.  Plus there are other applications - example: right now I'm receiving a 10 part Google Adwords campaign. 

We really need your help. 

Also, are there any workarounds?  For example, Can I build Sequence 1 and Sequence 2 and then auto-enroll a prospect into Sequence 2 after Sequence 1 is done?

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Sequences-gt-gt-increase-limit-of-emails-per-sequence...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Gerard

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @glaurain,

In regards to growing your idea, I wanted to share this idea which summarizes how the ideas forum can best be used.

As outlined in this idea: 

There are so many brilliant suggestions on the Ideas Forum that we do our best to prioritise by evaluating the feedback we receive here, in conjunction with a number of other sources, including "dogfooding" our own product, user testing & in-app feedback. As you can imagine, the amount of feedback we get across these sources is massive, so while ideas are very important, they are not the only data we consider when prioritizing a feature.

For the Ideas Forum, the general rule of thumb is that the higher the number of votes an idea has, the more likely it is to be considered for development because it's an indicator to us of the demand for that feature. Our product team reviews ideas with a significant number of votes on a regular basis. 

However, votes are not a trump card, and we don't translate a certain number of votes directly into priority because that would ignore all the other sources of feedback we have - we are always reviewing the list and our roadmap and aim to be better about providing more insight into our direction around highly voted feature requests.

I hope the message gets across that we do deeply care about the ideas here and the votes and comments they get but that they aren't the only thing that factors into our decisions.

Thank you,
Jenny
0 Upvotes