CRM

katiebroyles
Participant

Weighted Distribution of New Leads

SOLVE

This morning I was discussing with my sales team how they might like to have calls distributed from a tracking number.  This ultimately resulted in us deciding to break it down by weighted distribution (45% of calls go to one person, another 45% to someone else and 10% to the third person).  This had me thinking how creating a weighted distribution of new leads from forms could be useful.  Has anyone tried this or thought of how to do this?

3 Accepted solutions
JBeatty
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @katiebroyles,

I have done something very similar to this for one of my clients before. It was weighted distributions of tickets, instead of new leads, but the principle should be the same. From my understanding of HubSpot workflows, the only options are to rotate the record to a user or a team. As neither of these did what we needed, we were able to use Operations Hub's Custom Code Actions in workflows to distribute the ticket. This was done by keeping a store of past ticketing assignments and making sure the next ticketing assignment was done according to the previous ones. Since we were using Custom Code for this, it was even possible to change the distribution weights based on how many tickets each CSR had at the time of assignment. 

Now without Operations Hub(or third party integrations like Zapier or Integromat), and if it weren't for the exact percentages you chose it wouldn't be possible to my understanding, but I'd be glad if someone could show me how to do this with precision using just built-in HubSpot features. But, because you have 3 users and you'd like to do 45% 45%, and 10% it is possible, though not very clean. If you have a Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise or Service Hub Professional or Enterprise account, you can rotate assignments between multiple users using workflows. So theoretically you could rotate between the 3 owners, then if the owner was that third person, rotate the record again between those 3 owners. This would result in percentages of 4/9(44.44%) and 4/9(44.44%) and 1/9(11.11%).

This is obviously not very practical in the long run of a growing business though, so I would recommend using Operations Hub or some third party integration that allows you more programmatic control.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Joshua Beatty
Software Developer with Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @katiebroyles,

This isn't possible out of the box but there are a few ways to approach this.

Currently, the best option (albeit priciest option) would be custom code actions in Operations Hub Professional. The idea here is that workflows can now execute JavaScript which allows you to extend workflow functionalities. In this case, another user already shared the code needed. You can find it as point 9 in the The Definitive Use Case Library For Programmable Automation In Operations Hub.

Sticking with code, another user has created a PHP script, demo here, which he's selling for $50/month or a one-time fee of $500 in this thread.

Another option: You can "hack" existing workflow rotation functionalities by nesting rotation or by working with an additional owner property as described here, but this gets convoluted very quickly, unfortunately: You would have to create 20 fake users to achieve your desired split, then rotate incoming records between those 20 users. Once rotated, you would re-assign records of users 1-9 to your actual first user, records 10-18 to your actual second user and 19-20 to your actual third user.

Lastly, while it might not be ideal, manual assignment is always an option. If Operations Hub Professional is too expensive, this could be a task completed once per day by a manager, with the obvious downside of potentially long sales response times.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

creedtom
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @katiebroyles,

I tried to crack this in a different way. I needed a 2:2:1 split so I created five Hubspot lists that looked at the first letter of a contact's surname. I then assigned all enquiries from the first 2 lists to salesperson A, the second 2 lists to salesperson B and the last list to Salesperson C. It took a little bit of work to establish what combination of last name letters gave me (more or less) equal lists - that was the hardest bit.

Seemed to work quite well (and I've since used those lists for testing email send date / time amongst other things).

creedtom_0-1666957189195.png

Hope it helps! Tom

5 Replies 5
Routera-LT
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @katiebroyles,

Our team has been working on a new platform that gives HubSpot users/managers better ability to fully control contact/company/deal/ticket assignment including weighted rotation, Out of Office status, working hours, capacities, service level agreements and more!

We are proud to announce we are listed on the HubSpot app marketplace where you can find more information about our solution! We provide a free plan and are trusted by many HubSpot customers including Enterprise customers with hundreds of sales reps.

0 Upvotes
creedtom
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @katiebroyles,

I tried to crack this in a different way. I needed a 2:2:1 split so I created five Hubspot lists that looked at the first letter of a contact's surname. I then assigned all enquiries from the first 2 lists to salesperson A, the second 2 lists to salesperson B and the last list to Salesperson C. It took a little bit of work to establish what combination of last name letters gave me (more or less) equal lists - that was the hardest bit.

Seemed to work quite well (and I've since used those lists for testing email send date / time amongst other things).

creedtom_0-1666957189195.png

Hope it helps! Tom

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing, @creedtom! This great 🙂 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @katiebroyles,

This isn't possible out of the box but there are a few ways to approach this.

Currently, the best option (albeit priciest option) would be custom code actions in Operations Hub Professional. The idea here is that workflows can now execute JavaScript which allows you to extend workflow functionalities. In this case, another user already shared the code needed. You can find it as point 9 in the The Definitive Use Case Library For Programmable Automation In Operations Hub.

Sticking with code, another user has created a PHP script, demo here, which he's selling for $50/month or a one-time fee of $500 in this thread.

Another option: You can "hack" existing workflow rotation functionalities by nesting rotation or by working with an additional owner property as described here, but this gets convoluted very quickly, unfortunately: You would have to create 20 fake users to achieve your desired split, then rotate incoming records between those 20 users. Once rotated, you would re-assign records of users 1-9 to your actual first user, records 10-18 to your actual second user and 19-20 to your actual third user.

Lastly, while it might not be ideal, manual assignment is always an option. If Operations Hub Professional is too expensive, this could be a task completed once per day by a manager, with the obvious downside of potentially long sales response times.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JBeatty
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @katiebroyles,

I have done something very similar to this for one of my clients before. It was weighted distributions of tickets, instead of new leads, but the principle should be the same. From my understanding of HubSpot workflows, the only options are to rotate the record to a user or a team. As neither of these did what we needed, we were able to use Operations Hub's Custom Code Actions in workflows to distribute the ticket. This was done by keeping a store of past ticketing assignments and making sure the next ticketing assignment was done according to the previous ones. Since we were using Custom Code for this, it was even possible to change the distribution weights based on how many tickets each CSR had at the time of assignment. 

Now without Operations Hub(or third party integrations like Zapier or Integromat), and if it weren't for the exact percentages you chose it wouldn't be possible to my understanding, but I'd be glad if someone could show me how to do this with precision using just built-in HubSpot features. But, because you have 3 users and you'd like to do 45% 45%, and 10% it is possible, though not very clean. If you have a Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise or Service Hub Professional or Enterprise account, you can rotate assignments between multiple users using workflows. So theoretically you could rotate between the 3 owners, then if the owner was that third person, rotate the record again between those 3 owners. This would result in percentages of 4/9(44.44%) and 4/9(44.44%) and 1/9(11.11%).

This is obviously not very practical in the long run of a growing business though, so I would recommend using Operations Hub or some third party integration that allows you more programmatic control.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Joshua Beatty
Software Developer with Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk