CRM

jdceg
Participant

We only use contacts. How can we create company records for our existing data?

SOLVE

I'm inheriting this instance of Hubspot.

We're in the process of cleaning up our data and wish to take out existing contacts and have company records created for them.

Without turning on the "Assign company owner to contact by default." property, can I do this by exporting Company Name, along with phone, address, city/state/zip, etc... and have an associated Contact ID to link the contact to the company>

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jdceg,

You can have HubSpot automatically create company records and associate those with contacts: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/automatically-create-and-associate-companies-with-contacts

HubSpot will check the domain in a contact's email address. If there isn't a company record with this domain yet, HubSpot will use a proprietary database to create the "missing" company record.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jdceg,

You can have HubSpot automatically create company records and associate those with contacts: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/automatically-create-and-associate-companies-with-contacts

HubSpot will check the domain in a contact's email address. If there isn't a company record with this domain yet, HubSpot will use a proprietary database to create the "missing" company record.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.