CRM

Gabriel_Guigue
Contributor

We need to create a data workflow to remove one option of a multi-line checkbox custom property.

SOLVE

Hi there,

Via a data workflow, we want to uncheck one (and only one) option of a multi-line checkbox custom property, leaving all other options untouched whatever their current value.

After an email exchange with Hubspot support team, it unfortunately seems it's currenly impossible... 

Does anyone else has the same type of need?

Thanks!

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

We need to create a data workflow to remove one option of a multi-line checkbox custom property.

SOLVE

Hi @Gabriel_Guigue,

Do you need this on an ongoing basis? If yes, could you provide more details on how this field is populated and why one option needs to be removed?

If no, and a one-time change would suffice, you could export the data of the relevant contacts (email addressse + the values of this multiple checkboxes property).

The values of this property should look like this ;value 2;value 3; value 4 in the export file. You can now search ;value2 and replace it with... nothing – deleting all occurences of this value from the sheet. You could now clear the property values in HubSpot and re-import the file, adding back all values to the field for each contact, except the one that you removed earlier. More information on importing multiple checkboxes properties and values here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/import-data-to-checkbox-properties#add-values-to-a-multiple-...

To make sure this works as expected, I highly recommend testing this process on one or two contacts before applying it to a larger list or even your whole database.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Gabriel_Guigue,

With one workflow and one multiple checkboxes property, that is not going to be possible, at least not right now. (HubSpot might introduce new features in the future.) Here are the options that I see:

Devise another property logic. Instead of having one property with x values, consider having x binary properties with the values true/false. It's not elegant and it's probably a lot of work.

Find a solution in different HubSpot tool. HubSpot isn't built for tagging using multiple checkboxes properties. Depending on what the overall goal of tagging is, adding/removing contacts from static lists using workflows might be a workaround, for example.

Evaluate HubTags. I haven't used this myself but it might just be what you're looking for, see this thread.

Regular manual export/import. As described above.

Custom solution using the HubSpot API. There are a lot of agency partners in the community who could look into this.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
CamilleMelon
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, We have the same issue, has there been since any new feature developed by Hubspot to support that? Thanks.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Gabriel_Guigue,

With one workflow and one multiple checkboxes property, that is not going to be possible, at least not right now. (HubSpot might introduce new features in the future.) Here are the options that I see:

Devise another property logic. Instead of having one property with x values, consider having x binary properties with the values true/false. It's not elegant and it's probably a lot of work.

Find a solution in different HubSpot tool. HubSpot isn't built for tagging using multiple checkboxes properties. Depending on what the overall goal of tagging is, adding/removing contacts from static lists using workflows might be a workaround, for example.

Evaluate HubTags. I haven't used this myself but it might just be what you're looking for, see this thread.

Regular manual export/import. As described above.

Custom solution using the HubSpot API. There are a lot of agency partners in the community who could look into this.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

CSmyth
Participant

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler  - i'm having similar issues as with the original poster @Gabriel_Guigue .  None of the proposed solutions are really viable, except multiple binary properties, which, as you note, is a complete pain in the neck.  I've seen this issue identified in other Ideas that have multiple UpVotes. Too bad these Ideas aren't well moderated such that they'd be merged and maybe upvoted with enough votes to cause Hubspot to respond.

Thanks for your ideas. Let's see where this goes.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Gabriel_Guigue,

Do you need this on an ongoing basis? If yes, could you provide more details on how this field is populated and why one option needs to be removed?

If no, and a one-time change would suffice, you could export the data of the relevant contacts (email addressse + the values of this multiple checkboxes property).

The values of this property should look like this ;value 2;value 3; value 4 in the export file. You can now search ;value2 and replace it with... nothing – deleting all occurences of this value from the sheet. You could now clear the property values in HubSpot and re-import the file, adding back all values to the field for each contact, except the one that you removed earlier. More information on importing multiple checkboxes properties and values here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/import-data-to-checkbox-properties#add-values-to-a-multiple-...

To make sure this works as expected, I highly recommend testing this process on one or two contacts before applying it to a larger list or even your whole database.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Gabriel_Guigue
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten for your prompt reply, but what I need here is an ongoing/permanent workflow, not a one time export/import.

We basically want to automatically update a proprietary list of tags based on a complex combination of contact and/or company activity + other properties...

Thanks again