CRM

DerKaiser

Viewing permissions by user

SOLVE

My user cannot see the same fields as me (Super Admin) when creating / entering a new contact. Missing fields include phone number, lifecycle stage, etc. 

Is there a setting or filter somewhere that needs to be changed? Otherwise, he has to create the contact and then go back in to the new record and add missing fields.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Sorry. My right hand doesn't know what my left hand is doing and they frequently get mixed up. 

I was talking about the contact properties view on teh LEFT side of the screen when you are viewing a contact record

The right hand side of the screen that shows up when you are creating a contact record can be modified:

Settings (gear icon)

Contacts & Companies (left-side navigation)

Look for:

Set the properties all users in your account see when creating contacts.

Choose the properties that will be displayed when any user in your CRM creates a contact, and which of those properties are required in order to create a contact.
Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Cannot see these fields where? Remember each user has their own setup for the right side of a contact record. What I see is often times different that what others see on the surface. However, we can all see the same fields if we look in the View All Properties area.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
0 Upvotes
DerKaiser

SOLVE

(Answering 'where'?) On the right hand side when creating a contact for the first time.

I did change 'contact creator properties' in settings and I'm waiting for my user to get back to me. In property settings, however, it says "contact record left sidebar".  Is it possible to change the settings for the right sidebar?

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Sorry. My right hand doesn't know what my left hand is doing and they frequently get mixed up. 

I was talking about the contact properties view on teh LEFT side of the screen when you are viewing a contact record

The right hand side of the screen that shows up when you are creating a contact record can be modified:

Settings (gear icon)

Contacts & Companies (left-side navigation)

Look for:

Set the properties all users in your account see when creating contacts.

Choose the properties that will be displayed when any user in your CRM creates a contact, and which of those properties are required in order to create a contact.